SIG Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never put my hands on a Walther but ran across this one online. I like the steel frame striker and the the 5.5 LB trigger. I'm not a fan of the light striker triggers.

Would appreciate your input.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Not a fan of walthers pistol but why would you consider a 4" pistol that weights in at 39.7oz empty . Wow a 39.7 ounce lard butt for only 1399 dollars . I had to triple check those numbers . Not sure why anyone would buy it . Maybe CZ shadow 2 or DW for that kind of money . Good luck

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a fan of walthers pistol but why would you consider a 4" pistol that weights in at 39.7oz empty . Wow a 39.7 ounce lard butt for only 1399 dollars . I had to triple check those numbers . Not sure why anyone would buy it . Maybe CZ shadow 2 or DW for that kind of money . Good luck
I did see the 40 oz too :) I was just curious what folks thought. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I would think the weight would make it a very comfortable and easy to shoot pistol. However, a pistol half the size of my Raging Judge Magnum at the same weight seems, odd.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Walther made the Q5 Match Steel Frame primarily for competition and it probably was not that hard to make the Q4 Steel frame once they already had that machinery in place. My guess the 4 inch version will appeal mostly to Walther fans looking for a more high end Walther modern steel frame pistol and maybe collectors. There are those that don't mid carrying a heavy pistol and the advantage in recoil control is very apparent but it certainly was not meant to compete with main stream poly frame combat pistols and they already have their poly frame PPQs and PPS for that.

Reactions: JakeAU24

·
Registered
642 Posts
I’ve shot the Q5 SF and it’s amazing. I like the ergonomics and it was very accurate. The 4” is appealing

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a standard Walther PPQ q4 and I think it is superior to any Glock and the striker fired Sigs including the X5. Sorry, I know this is a Sig forum but that is my experience. The big difference is the trigger. The stock PPQ trigger is so much better than the stock trigger in the 320 or 365 FCU and I carry a P365XL daily. I also prefer the ergonomics of the PPQ over just about anything in that size/category.

The steel frames q4, q5 SF are a niche gun really targeted at competition and those that collect guns.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I love mine! Paid $1050 for the optics-ready version before all gunthings got scarce. I've added a factory Walther dynamic trigger, which makes a great gun even better.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I somewhat share the sentiments of hardluk1 and EMcx3. Unless you already have a very strong affection for the PPQ, Walther, and striker-fired pistols I think you're unlikely to be completely satisfied with the Q4 SF. The price is very high - unless you're certain you love the Walther PPQ (which, from the sounds of it, you've never even fired) I wouldn't advise you to buy one.

With that said, the Walther PP-Q4 Steel Frame is a fine pistol. I find it very enjoyable to shoot and reliable as nails.

The pistol is very controllable and considerably less snappy than the polymer version. It only comes with one sized grip set with a rubber-ish texture which feels really nice in my hand and very grippy. YMMV.

The trigger is advertised as the 'quick defense' trigger featured in the poylmer PPQ. In my experience it is virtually the same trigger in both guns. I'm not a pro bullseye target shooter by any means, but accuracy was quite good especially with an attached RDS. I couldn't help but be left with the feeling that for a $1350 pistol I would have liked a smoother feel to the trigger than the $500 plastic version.

Again, it's a nice pistola but the competition in that price range is very, very steep and certainly worth taking a look at.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts