SIG Talk banner

W. German P220 Replacement Extractor

3097 5
Hi all,

I'm the happy owner of a W. German P220 (and three P225's), and need some help locating some replacement parts.

I am hoping to find replacement extractors, as I shoot these guns a lot and would like to have parts on hand should something break.

Lo and behold, Sig is no longer producing these parts, and I am having a devil of a time finding aftermarket solutions.

Does anyone have a source for extractors for folded slide guns?

Thanks,

-Schmoot
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Last I heard SIG still has internal extractors to repair pistols sent in for repair that needed extractor replaced. Total Automation also does the same where you would need to send the slide with extractor or bad extractor to them. Other than that you will probably have to buy some off Ebay or parts pistols. Word is internal extractors are very durable and you most likely would not have any issues unless at least past 30,000 or so rounds fired and possibly well beyond that.

http://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-gunsmithing/173330-extractors-folded-slide-sigs.html

·
🎖USA Veteran
12,081 Posts
Last I heard SIG still has internal extractors to repair pistols sent in for repair that needed extractor replaced. Total Automation also does the same where you would need to send the slide with extractor or bad extractor to them. Other than that you will probably have to buy some off Ebay or parts pistols. Word is internal extractors are very durable and you most likely would not have any issues unless at least past 30,000 or so rounds fired and possibly well beyond that.
That's the word that I'm hearing as well. Had that conversation with SIG CS just a few weeks ago. I suppose you could remove the extractor from your P220 and then send it to SIG for "repair", keeping the original for your spare. Pretty expensive way around the issue though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice gentleman.

Some of these guns are nearing the 15k round range, and I have been getting worried about parts breakages. While they have quite a bit of wear on them (finishes, and some spots on the anodizing), I am sure they are good for another 15k. Just wanted to make sure I had the parts on hand to keep them running!

Thanks for the input.

I guess I will wait until I have a legitimate breakage, and contact Gerry when appropriate.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,081 Posts
schmootmesiter, as long as the extractor doesn't have to "jump" over cartridge rims, it probably won't chip, and need replacement...

·
Premium Member
21,867 Posts
Total Automation is the cheapest source for extractors. He recently posted here about his "new" procedure for acquiring them. Ebay can be expensive, but buying a P228 parts kit might be a cheaper route for your P225's as they share the same extractor. FYI, per Gerry at Total Automation, the 9mm and .45 ACP extractors are tuned differently so don't mix and match those.

http://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-gunsmithing/173330-extractors-folded-slide-sigs.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.