SIG Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Equinox version (which I adore), but love the G10's on my P229, as well as noticing fellow 938 comments are the rubber grips w/ 7 rd mag that much better. Any thoughts??

This will be for EDC, so I would hope the rubber grips wouldn't aid in keeping a shirt stuck to it, should the garment move.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I use the Hogue rubber grips on the P938 that I carry. I've had this gun with me for around 6 months through summer and winter and have had no problems with the rubber grip catching on any clothing. The advantages of the rubber far out way any negatives in my opinion. It feels so much better than flat factory grips. Its worth trying for only a $20-$30 investment.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mine came equipped with the Hogue black rubber grips. My shirt kept getting hung up on it. Now I have VZ G-10's and not only do they not stick to my shirt but the gun fits closer to my body and prints just a little less.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Hogue Fingered Rubber on mine, improves the grip.

·
Premium Member
39,149 Posts
I have an SAS with the rosewood grips. I stored them away and got a set of Sig branded Hogue G10s in black off a member here. Great grips and look good. Will do nicely for carry.

Reactions: tfoust13

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you for the intel. I think I'll try the rubber 1st (as a $20 test - since I love my G10's on 229). If I like them, awesome, if not I know I will like the G10, but I'd like the rubber to work.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have an SAS with the rosewood grips. I stored them away and got a set of Sig branded Hogue G10s in black off a member here. Great grips and look good. Will do nicely for carry.
I concur - G10's are amazing. I love them on my Benchmade blades, and had to put the Hogue green piranha grips on my 229. I'm sure I'll eventually end up acquiring both, I just wanted to hear what fellow 938 carriers found to be the best.

BTW - great looking pistol

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have VZ GRIPS ON MY P938 but the Houge grips are just as good
Do the VZ's have more bite than the Hogue's? I hope they don't, as I really like the grip texture (yet solid purchase) of the Hogue, but like the different (read non-standard) look of the VZ line.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The vz grips have just the right amount of texture in the right places for me.They are very comfortable I took off the extreme grips and sold them to a fellow member on here. The ETC grips that are pictured above are slightly thicker than the extreme grips were and give the gun a great feel for its size. I also had those on my 238. If you "LIKE" VZ on face book they will send you a discount code.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.