SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick post, thought people who are thinking about buying an optic from Vortex might want to know.

I bought a Spitfire 3x over a year ago. It's been great, better than what I expected when I purchased it. At the time, I was looking at scopes twice the price and settled for Vortex because my LGS ended up getting the Sig I wanted in and put the other half I was planning to spend towards it.

Well since then I moved to Ohio and never broke out my AR until a couple weeks ago. I took it to the range and noticed that some white lint had somehow made it into the inside of my focus lens, not a big deal but bothered me so I contacted Vortex how to fix this. They told me to send it in, paid for my shipping.

Yesterday, my scope came back (10 days including the weekend and shipping), they sent me a BRAND NEW SCOPE. I sent mine in the original box with nothing else in it, I got back a brand new sealed box. So not only am I super happy about getting a flawless scope, I now have backup parts for it as well!

For those of you deciding if you want to get a Vortex, do it. The End.

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
Vortex is good stuff and a better company. I've heard similar stories, so my glass will come from them.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I own 3 Vortex scopes and plan on picking up a 4th this Summer... absolutely the best scope for the money. Turrets, reticle design and build quality are wonderful. Even their low end scopes are great, love the 3-9X I put on my boys 10/22 (first rifle for him)... very impressed by a scope under $150.

·
Premium Member
3,320 Posts
I have read far too many success stories from Vortex owners to buy something different.
Prices are great and optics are great and warranty.. unbelievably great.

·
Registered
8,666 Posts
I have a couple of Vortex Razor HD rifle scopes I purchased used - and have not mounted yet, thought they look to be very nice quality, bright and clear.

Also have this spotting scope (no problems and no experience with their customer service either!).

·
Registered
290 Posts
Most of the big scope companies are improving their warranties trying to be like Vortex since it's a huge selling point, Bushnell has copied it as well as others... the fact that I can accidently drop my rifle, damage the scope (my fault), and it's covered is amazing. Never needed Vortex's customer service but it's good to hear so many positive stories of their customer service.

FYI... I used Trijicon's customer service last week and was very pleased with my service and full replacement on an MRO. Inforce also has great customer service.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've also had good experience with their warranty service on a red dot.
I just ordered a Strike Eagle due to all the positive reviews.

Check out A&Aoptics.com for refurbished vortex scopes..they come with full vortex warranties at a discount. <---I have nothing to do with A&A and actually bought my SE from DSGArms.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I just picked up a Sparc AR this week and I'm extremely pleased with the quality. I mounted it last night and will take it to the range this weekend. I also have a pre-order in for the new Viper PST Gen 2 1-6. Cant wait. It's always great to hear stories about a company standing behind their product.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Just mounted a Vortex Crossfire II 1-4x on my 300blk hog rifle, but haven't had the chance to use it yet other than shooting paper or steel. Really love the scope....near true 1x for close range & sharp, clear 4x to reach out a bit further. This one has the illuminated dot option which is nice in low light. It's a great match to the 300blk. The Vortex warranty was icing on the cake.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
The warranty service with Vortex has an excellent reputation, but the best part is that I've never needed it yet. I like some of their scopes, but not all of them. For example, Primary Arms 1-6x24 with ACSS was my choice over the Strike Eagle.

My most recent Vortex purchase was a Razor HD Light Hunter 2-10x40. The optics are excellent, but the scope weighs 10 ounces less than many competitors in the higher end scope business. Vortex used a one inch tube, low profile turrets and eliminated the illumination which reduced the price in addition to reducing the weight. The only difference between a one inch tube and a 30mm tube is a bit less adjustment available on the scope. The 2-10x40 will be mounted on my MCX with light weigh QD mounts.

Bill

·
Banned
4,497 Posts
I haven't needed customer service either but it is one of the reasons I went with vortex. They have a great reputation. I have a Diamondback 4-12x40 on my 308 and I really like it. High end optics without the price. I also have a pair of Vortex bino's that are equally impressive.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.