SIG Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vietnam Veteran Shoots Armed Robber At Gas Station | NoozSaurus

(We're way past tired in South Africa too....Can we make this sheriff our Minister of Police ,please?)

Imagine this, later on today, you go to the gas station and enter the store to break a $20. What happens after that is up to you, were you prepared?
Yesterday, in the small Georgia town of Sycamore, that is exactly what Vietnam Veteran Don Rogers was doing when a thug entered the gas station, brandishing a firearm. The gas station attendant says that if it weren’t for Rogers, he might not be alive today. “I wish the day could’ve went by without this happening,” said Rogers. “I just did what I had to do.”

“I heard somebody say “put the money in the bag”. So I looked up and I seen this gentleman holding a pistol on the clerk,” said Rogers. Rogers, who has a Concealed Carry Permit, was scared, but he knew what he had to do. “And when I did, he looked over at me and turned my way and I fired a shot. And he grabbed his side and then I fired two more shots before he got out the door,” said Rogers.

Rogers hit the suspect, 18-year old Devin Burton, with two of his three shots. Burton ran out of the gas station empty-handed and got into a car driven by 17-year old Marleigh Agner. The pair sped off but eventually stopped to call 911, as Burton’s wounds were too severe.

“Well, I was hoping nothing like this would ever happen, but I was glad I had my weapon with me,” Rogers said.
Turner Co. Sheriff Andy Hester released a statement in which he said ““People are just sick of people running them up, and robbing, and stealing, and pillaging, and people are tired of it. These people that’ll go out and do this kind of stuff need to realize it ain’t always gonna fair to their favor, just because they’re a predator.”

The actions of Law abiding citizens like Don Rogers have sent a very strong message to criminals across the nation. Criminals must no longer ask themselves if they are “willing to do the time” for their crimes, but if they wish to see tomorrow. Are you feeling lucky today?

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Reactions: Sigmike

·
Registered
8,118 Posts
Next will come the cute photos of a young, 12 year old Devin holding a puppy.
Along with the story about how he had hopes to be a Rhodes scholar and that he was on his way to choir practice.

·
Registered
366 Posts
But, but, but, he was just turning his life around. The concealed carrier should have just left the store and called the cops. He wasn't gonna hurt nobody, he just needed money.

·
Registered
178 Posts
God, the Vietnam vet knew he had to do it and he saved two lives. However, I feel bad for him. He probably has not fired a weapon at a person since Vietnam. I am sure he is flooded with emotion. I can see the angst in his eyes.

My father served in the Marines 68-69 in Vietnam. He is a Combat Veteran. If my father had to shot this man, I cannot even imagine the loop he would be going through. He would be going through a lot of emotions.

God Bless all vets! And thank you all for your service!

Thanks for posting...

·
Banned
3,113 Posts
Don Rodgers is whats good and great about America and the fact that there are MANY people in the black community who probably think this way is what is bad and wrong about America....

·
Retired Super Moderator
16,799 Posts
Thanks Don.

There'd be a lot less crime if criminals thought they'd get shot every time they tried to commit one.

·
Registered
281 Posts
"I seen this gentleman holding a pistol on the clerk"?
If "gentleman" is holding a pistol on the clerk, I am scare to imagine what a lesser men would do to the clerk.....
Other than that, Bravo Don!!!!

·
Registered
22,210 Posts
Ha, "Gentleman". Don't want it to happen, but when it does . . . Very good job Don :cool:.

Reactions: Sigmike

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
The use of the term "gentleman" goes to the decency of the man who took action - thank you, Don, for your service to our country...that continues to this day.

·
Registered
22,210 Posts
The use of the term "gentleman" goes to the decency of the man who took action - thank you, Don, for your service to our country...that continues to this day.
I see what you mean. And Don is surely a descent individual alright and a Nam vet which is very special to me. However, too many times, people (even le and individuals within the legal system) don't call the perp what he is, which some would argue takes away from the "descent" people that the scumbag (uh hum or perp) committed the crime against.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts