SIG Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all, blake here.. didn't see a hunting forum. But loving the way my Sig SRD762 titanium QD can sounds in the field!

Started the night with a coyote shot from about 100 yds. Spun around for a few seconds and fell over. Bullet entered behind shoulder and exited front of shoulder. That video didn't record (forgot to enable video mode on the Reap-ir) but it did remind me to enable video on the scope which allowed me to get the next 14 confirmed hog kills from this sounder on video.
Couple hours later driving/scanning I spotted "a couple" hogs.....
equipment used: 12.5" ARP upper in 6.8 SPCII from Eric at Blackstone Arms. Reap-IR thermal scope from Cliff at Third Coast Thermal. Sig Sauer 762 titanium QD suppressor from Silencer Shop. Helmet mounted PVS-14. https://youtu.be/nVhzk5Kj-s0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
Welcome to SigTalk! Obviously, you have a VERY lethal hog kit there!! Am guessing you're shooting hogs 20 minutes before you buddies can even see them...

Cheers

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Nice looking meat pigs but the yote's tail looks odd.

Good shooting.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks like fun. I hear hunting them with a suppressor is different. Because they hear the sound behind them. Which makes them run towards you rather than away. Interesting.

They hear the sound of the shot but can't tell where it came from. They hear the sound of the bullet impacting the hog that gets hit. So if u shoot at the hog that's farthest away and/or in the direction u don't want them to go a lot of times they'll run away from the hog that gets hit on the first shot and sometimes on the follow up shots if you're patient and don't blast off 20 rounds in 10 seconds. But sometimes they bolt outta here quick.. hindsights always 20/20. It worked out well for me this time. Plus the layout of the land with creeks, levys, fences kinda helped push them into the pasture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
I would also like to use the REAP-IR, but looking for something more economical. Having the best does come at a price, but need to research a step down to make sure of decision.

·
Banned
4,502 Posts
Like the hog story. Been having more and more of them coming on our property in East Texas. Going to try and take a few of them out if I can find them. Never understood the purpose for shooting coyotes but whatever.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts