SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
That's a really dumb bidder. :eek:
It had fifty bids on it..... The Pro Shop was dumping Romeo One's for around $150.00 about a year back, No packaging. they came right off the production line when they were being phased out.

Striped 226 &229 RX slides with that optic was selling through Sig sales for $400.00

Guess there IS one born every minute.

·
Registered
35,435 Posts
Live or online auctions get stupid high bids. Rarely do I ever win a bid.

·
Registered
828 Posts
That's a long ago discontinued item. But no one could need the slide that bad when a complete. 320 XRX is less than a thousand. Again, long wait times.

Wonder if the seller will ever get paid???

·
Registered
359 Posts
Oh boy! :gym:

·
Registered
987 Posts
I have sols some things on ebay that bidders paid ridiculous amounts for. Just like some guns on GB. All in the eyes of the hi bidder!!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
To be fair, there are tons of different factors at play here, including legal ability to purchase a firearm, how incredibly easy it is for anyone to buy something off ebay, being able to pay with a credit card from 2000 miles away rather than walking into your LGS, etc etc etc.

Even gunbroker has much more strict regulations on who can sign up, who can bid, etc.

Pretty much anyone with a computer and a credit card had the ability to bid on that auction, I think that's the reason it went so high.

(Also it seems crazy to me that somehow EBAY allows the entire slide to be sold but "doesn't sell firearms" lol...)

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have sols some things on ebay that bidders paid ridiculous amounts for. Just like some guns on GB. All in the eyes of the hi bidder!!!
Agreed completely... I've seen the exact same items sell for 50% less than actual value (seen some incredible deals), then a week later they can sell for 50% MORE than the actual value because 2 (disposable income type) people get into a bidding war and they pay much more than it's worth.

Lots of factors involved including luck... Selling and buying on Ebay can be extremely complicated! :eek:

·
Registered
57 Posts
There are a lot of new gun buyers out there now and they are getting caught up in the bidding sites. I've been kind of watching this go for several months now.

Gun Broker is where they are most visible and their activity is steadily growing....just saw a Springfield M1A scout get bid up to $2400 by two newbies this weekend...Can still find em for $1500-$1850, but they are getting scarce.

An AR 10 that is listed currently at $1080 new and in stock on three different sites went with sights, bipod and sling (maybe $150 in extras) for over $1900...

Can be entertaining actually, but pretty frustrating if these bidders find out about the same thing you want and decide to go after it themselves....usually it's the harder to get, in demand stuff, but they are not all that predictable...pretty expensive learning curve for some of these new guys though.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
If the election goes the other way everyone will be settin around commenting on how smart these dumb bidders were. LOL

·
Registered
307 Posts
So much ignorance in this thread. It's like ZoeyB said, there are many factors at play that none of us really know about. I guess its difficult to begin the imagine what these factors might be when you live in a free state.

·
Registered
121 Posts
So much ignorance in this thread. It's like ZoeyB said, there are many factors at play that none of us really know about. I guess its difficult to begin the imagine what these factors might be when you live in a free state.
Exactly... and it's why I think it's extremely small-minded thinking to just say "What a stupid bidder, overpaying like that!" :confused:

Not everyone has nearly the same access/pricing/availability as us lucky ones in the U.S.A. :rolleyes:

The thing with EBAY is it's available to everyone, literally all you need is a credit card and a computer. :eek:

For some places/people, these auctions could be extremely LOW prices and fantastic deals, compared to what they are able to get in their area!!

I'm a very open minded person in general though too and I love to look at every possible angle of pretty much everything...maybe I'd make a good lawyer? :huh:

·
Registered
21,584 Posts
...Not everyone has nearly the same access/pricing/availability as us lucky ones in the U.S.A. :rolleyes:
You think people outside the US is buying those from here in the U.S.?

Nope. That would be a major violation of the US arms export control laws. If such a seller is dumb enough to do that on a public listing, they deserve what will be coming their way from the Feds. God only knows what punishment may await the buyer.

And I haven't heard that it was illegal to buy that in California. You just can't buy the gun, right? If not, a lot of people have been breaking California law by getting rid of their stupid LCI.

If people are willing to pay that much for those...hey, free market, right??? :D

Oh, and anyone can pretty much login to Gunbroker and buy guns with credit card, check, whatever. But they had better be able to take the transfer. ;)

·
Registered
307 Posts
And I haven't heard that it was illegal to buy that in California. You just can't buy the gun, right? If not, a lot of people have been breaking California law by getting rid of their stupid LCI.

If people are willing to pay that much for those...hey, free market, right??? :D

Oh, and anyone can pretty much login to Gunbroker and buy guns with credit card, check, whatever. But they had better be able to take the transfer. ;)
There is no law that prevents owners from modifying their pistols and removing safety features. But to answer your question, most every pistol you see on the market is currently NOT on the California Roster of approved pistols. Especially all of the variants that are offered by Sig. So as you were alluding to, there are lots of willing buyers in CA that want a nice slide for their frame and they are willing to pay large sums for it.

Regarding the free market thing... it is true to a certain extent. Slides are unregulated so they are indeed a free-market item. If you think an overpriced slide is bad, you haven't seen what complete pistols sell for in CA. One example is the P320 X5 Legion. I hope you're sitting down because those pistols sell for ~$2500+ in CA and they will sell within a couple of weeks. And in some cases, they don't even come with magazines!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts