SIG Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time to upgrade my trigger and was wondering if anyone has any experience with a Velocity Trigger in an MCX (w/upgraded bolt carrier). My brother has one in his AR it feels great at a decent price. I'm wondering about it working in an MCX since I've heard of light strikes with replacement triggers after the bolt carrier upgrades

velocitytriggers.com

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I do not have a MCX but I put a Velocity trigger in my PSA AR and am happy with it. I reload and use hard primers and have never had an issue.
Sorry I can't help you with your exact question, but I personally would try it. I believe it would work.
You could call Velocity and see what they tell you about your rifle. IMHO I do not think you can beat a Velocity trigger for the money. Good luck and let us know if you try it and the results.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
The new bolt carrier will not work with aftermarket triggers due to the new safety lever that AR 15s don't have. The only exception is to get a "G" (Geissele) safety lever and install an SSA, but Geissele does not give any warranty on their triggers installed in MCXs or MPXs.

Bill

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I don't have an MCX so I can't speak to that but I have put one in my AR-10. I have light strike issues with FN, Radway, Indian, Magtech, and Pakistani M80 ball ammo as well as M118LR regularly, 5-10% don't fire the first wack. Nice feeling trigger but eventually it will be replaced with a Larue MBT.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Had a Velocity Trigger in my MCX, but when I sent my rifle in for the new BCG they removed it and installed a Giessele Trigger. So, I goes it didn't work with the new BCG.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts