SIG Talk banner

Vedder Holsters Pocket Locker

5411 4
Has anyone used the Vedder Pocket Locker for a 938?
I have used a sticky holster for a few years but would like something better.

The kydex is thin so no extra bulk. Hard shell should offer safe trigger coverage. There is a curve to the holster to conform to your leg and a thumb thingy to help draw. Seems like a nice rig.

Pocket Locker - Vedder Holsters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I wonder....do you know what retains the holster in the pocket when pistol is drawn? Is there some sort of "sticky" on inner side? I would think it looks just like you have a pistol in your pocket. I do not mean to sound critical since it might be your choice and if it suits you then that is all that matters. Not for me...but then I am biased and use a hard holster OWB only when level 2 retention suits my mood. I do not carry IWB myself. The redeeming quality of that Vedder is that it might be tricky for an attacker to reach in your pocket and get at the safety and trigger before you figured out something was amiss

When I pocket carry (my P938 when eventually proven trustworthy or S&W lightweight snubby only) it is in an inexpensive, and effective, Uncle Mike's #3. The #2 fits the P38 too (not the snubby), but it is more likely to follow the pistol out. It works for me.

Seriously, I do hope you get your questions answered by someone with experience with the Vedder model you like.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wonder....do you know what retains the holster in the pocket when pistol is drawn? Is there some sort of "sticky" on inner side? I would think it looks just like you have a pistol in your pocket. I do not mean to sound critical since it might be your choice and if it suits you then that is all that matters. Not for me...but then I am biased and use a hard holster OWB only when level 2 retention suits my mood. I do not carry IWB myself. The redeeming quality of that Vedder is that it might be tricky for an attacker to reach in your pocket and get at the safety and trigger before you figured out something was amiss

When I pocket carry (my P938 when eventually proven trustworthy or S&W lightweight snubby only) it is in an inexpensive, and effective, Uncle Mike's #3. The #2 fits the P38 too (not the snubby), but it is more likely to follow the pistol out. It works for me.

Seriously, I do hope you get your questions answered by someone with experience with the Vedder model you like.

The holster remains in the pocket during draw due to the hook at the bottom to stick on a pants pocket. Common design with kydex pocket holsters. It also has a thumb tab that can be used to release the pistol upon draw.

That is pretty much the extent of my knowledge on the subject, hence starting this thread. For four years I have used a Sticky holster for occasional pocket carry. Wouldn't mind a nicer setup.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did you ever decide to get a Vedder Pocket Locker? I keep looking at it and the Vedder LightTuck. I really like the idea of a full kydex holster. I'm pretty sure I'll end up with a full kydex AIWB holster, just haven't decided on which manufacturer.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I purchased this for my P365. Good snug retention and slips easily into front right pocket. The shape of the holster prevents telegraphing... looks about like an iPhone Plus in the pocket. The hook keeps the holster in place while drawing.

This is also a good rig for keeping pistol in automobile console, backpack, etc., with full trigger guard.

I actually prefer a wallet holster in right rear pocket over the front pocket holster. More comfortable for me. Front right pocket draw nearly impossible with left hand if forced to use off hand.

I'd recommend this if you're in the market for pocket holster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.