SIG Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a NIB P226X5 All Around, 9mm, "later" model - SIG 226X5E-9-AR, that I purchased 3 years ago and have never shot. It is new in the box and has been stored in my safe. (I have a couple of earlier X5 All Arounds that I shoot instead).

Any thoughts on what the value of this might be----or comments as to whether it makes sense to continue to hold on to it or time to sell it? Have kind of lost interest in it....

Appreciate any responses.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
12131----that is what I'm thinking about doing since there is not a lot of sense in letting it sit around in a safe.

bearone2----I have checked GunBroker, but the only All Around I'm seeing for sale is a .40 that Osage County Guns has listed (but doesn't appear to be selling, either) at what seems (at least to me) to be an incredibly high price----$2499(!). http://www.gunbroker.com/item/633545114

·
Registered
6,113 Posts
12131----that is what I'm thinking about doing since there is not a lot of sense in letting it sit around in a safe.

bearone2----I have checked GunBroker, but the only All Around I'm seeing for sale is a .40 that Osage County Guns has listed (but doesn't appear to be selling, either) at what seems (at least to me) to be an incredibly high price----$2499(!). http://www.gunbroker.com/item/633545114
The .40 caliber X-guns never move, unless discounted significantly. So, you can tell why those guns keep getting relisted forever. I see your 9mm NIB X5E-AR will have no problem selling at that price on GB.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I recently acquired....

...a slightly used X5E AllRound 9mm DA/SA.

This is the "enhanced" version just like the one you have. Mine was made in 2013.

It was in the case at the Local Gun Store for $2500.

I showed some interest in it...and then forgot about it for a week or two.

My contact at the shop called and said the owner was willing to sell it for $2000.

I was back there in a heartbeat, cash in hand!

I agree with the others, these guns are rare, and you should be able to sell it for $2500.

Good luck!

Northlight

·
Registered
6,113 Posts
Bought mine just a little over 2 years ago NIB for $1649 otd. This is right about the time when prices of all the X-guns were about to go through the roof.

·
Banned
185 Posts
I sold a NIB X-5e Allround 9mm last summer for $3,800.00. Gunbroker might be your best bet to see what the market is. Haven't seen a NIB Allround 9mm on there in some time.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
The .40 caliber X-guns never move, unless discounted significantly. So, you can tell why those guns keep getting relisted forever. I see your 9mm NIB X5E-AR will have no problem selling at that price on GB.
For the record, I bought that one!

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Would love to see the photo? Which Magwell did you buy and which extensions? Was thinking that would be my first upgrade? I don't actually have it yet. Going to be in hock for a few weeks (I put it on layaway). Was looking for one slightly used but the used ones were selling for way more at all my usual LGS's, so I decide to get one while I still can. I have had some luck in the past by waiting on the market to cool way off but in this case that has backfired. Could have had one for hundreds less around a year ago but those days seem to be gone for the X-5.

·
Banned
185 Posts
Would love to see the photo? Which Magwell did you buy and which extensions? Was thinking that would be my first upgrade? I don't actually have it yet. Going to be in hock for a few weeks (I put it on layaway). Was looking for one slightly used but the used ones were selling for way more at all my usual LGS's, so I decide to get one while I still can. I have had some luck in the past by waiting on the market to cool way off but in this case that has backfired. Could have had one for hundreds less around a year ago but those days seem to be gone for the X-5.
Photos are of my Gen 1 Allround with the jetwell and 19rd mags. Both are factory imported parts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.