SIG Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is a USPIS serial numbered CPO P229 rare? I found one on GB on an early Sunday morning posting. The price was good, but I am not into collecting unicorns if it is best suited for a USPIS person.

It was changed to a Da/Sa by sig before sent out as a CPO.

·
Registered
389 Posts
The uspis sig contract was from 2005. They ordered just over 3600 pistols. It was the 229R, the exact same model/variation as the ones delivered to the us coast guard and the same as one of the versions approved by DHS. Some people are into collecting former LEO weapons just because they were duty guns. If the price is right, go for it. It’s a good weapon no matter who’s logo is engraved on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the response! I enjoy Sig P229s, and treat them like adult LEGOS. I have quite a few different variations of them, and for some reason, this one is bothering me as far as shooting and/or carrying it. Not trying to retire on it, just don’t want to *** up something that someone can appreciate other than an awesome Sig shooter! If it is destined to just be a shooter, load, rack and crack!

·
Registered
15,426 Posts
Is a USPIS serial numbered CPO P229 rare? I found one on GB on an early Sunday morning posting. The price was good, but I am not into collecting unicorns if it is best suited for a USPIS person.

It was changed to a Da/Sa by sig before sent out as a CPO.
Welcome from Texas.

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
11,227 Posts
Welcome from Georgia.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Thanks for the pics. I like it, and would love to have one. Congrats!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts