SIG Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
🎖USN Veteran
6,818 Posts
You guys talked me into, it's bought.
I don't think you will be disappointed. It would make a great CCW as well as a fun range gun. Well built and the melt job from the Custom Shop is very nice. I traded mine just over a year ago and am still kicking myself. I have since picked up another Sig 1911 Compact Nitron which I love dearly, but do miss the RCS.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
The Sig RCS is my favorite Sig Sauer pistol. I wish Sig would make them again and this time make it in .45acp and .357sig. I would buy a .357sig in a heartbeat!
I believe you will love your RCS.

·
🎖USN Veteran
6,818 Posts
Frenchie, here is some info for you on the RCS.

"The 1911 Compact RCS is quite possibly the quintessential concealed carry 1911. The RCS comes from the SIG SAUER® Custom Shop and has been put through the SIG Anti-Snag treatment which our gunsmiths developed to radically dehorn a pistol. Available in either a two-tone or Nitron® (shown) finish the RCS comes with low profile night sights, checkered front strap (25-lpi), checkered mainspring housing (20-lpi) and slim profile custom rosewood grips. Each of these 7+1 capacity RCS model 1911 pistols feature a stainless steel slide, alloy frame, match grade barrel, hammer/sear set and trigger. The slides and frames are machined to exacting tolerances and hand-fitted to insure reliability and performance."

Item Number 1911CO-45-BSS-RCS
Caliber 45 ACP
Action Type SAO
Trigger Pull DA N/A
Trigger Pull SA 5 lbs
Overall Length 7.7 in
Overall Height 4.8 in
Overall Width 1.4 in
Barrel Length 4.2 in
Sight Radius 5.7 in
Weight w/Mag 29.5 oz
Mag Capacity 7 Rounds
Sights Low Profile Night Sights
Grips Slim Profile Custom Rosewood Grips
Frame Finish Nitron®
Slide Finish Nitron®
Accessory Rail No
Features Low Profile Night Sights, Checkered Front Strap
MSRP $1,170.00

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Frenchie, here is some info for you on the RCS.

"The 1911 Compact RCS is quite possibly the quintessential concealed carry 1911. The RCS comes from the SIG SAUER® Custom Shop and has been put through the SIG Anti-Snag treatment which our gunsmiths developed to radically dehorn a pistol. Available in either a two-tone or Nitron® (shown) finish the RCS comes with low profile night sights, checkered front strap (25-lpi), checkered mainspring housing (20-lpi) and slim profile custom rosewood grips. Each of these 7+1 capacity RCS model 1911 pistols feature a stainless steel slide, alloy frame, match grade barrel, hammer/sear set and trigger. The slides and frames are machined to exacting tolerances and hand-fitted to insure reliability and performance."

Item Number 1911CO-45-BSS-RCS
Caliber 45 ACP
Action Type SAO
Trigger Pull DA N/A
Trigger Pull SA 5 lbs
Overall Length 7.7 in
Overall Height 4.8 in
Overall Width 1.4 in
Barrel Length 4.2 in
Sight Radius 5.7 in
Weight w/Mag 29.5 oz
Mag Capacity 7 Rounds
Sights Low Profile Night Sights
Grips Slim Profile Custom Rosewood Grips
Frame Finish Nitron®
Slide Finish Nitron®
Accessory Rail No
Features Low Profile Night Sights, Checkered Front Strap
MSRP $1,170.00
Wet insightful information, many thanks!!

·
🎖USN Veteran
6,818 Posts
Very nice purchase. I think that is the best Compact size Sig has made. Too bad they discontinued them. Enjoy, and think of me if you ever decide to let it go.;)
p.s. After you get a chance to take it to the range, post up a report in the 1911 section along with some more pictures.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.