SIG Talk banner

Used p232

4762 17
Found a Blued p232 at my local shop, great condition no box $550. Is it worth it? Iv been looking for a Sig in 380 for a while and although Im a huge fan of SAO I was hoping to go towards the DA/SA platform. I already have a p938, so getting a p238 is not that big of an appeal to me unless it was the HD. From everything iv read and watched online it seems to be a good pistol overall I just haven't a clue what its worth. Any advice is appreciated.

--------------------------------------------
“In the debate over guns, both sides are angry. The pro-gunners are angry at the ignorance, lies, and distortions of the anti-gunners, and the anti-gunners are angry with the pro-gunners for presenting facts.”
― Dave Champion

--------------------------------------------
P226 Elite SAO RX 9mm w/ Foxtrot 1
P938 SAS
7.5in 5.56 AR pistol
Remington 870 20gauge youth
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I considered a P232 before buying a P238 HD. A deciding factor for me was the P232 being discontinued magazines would be hard to find. On EBay Sig Sauer P232 magazines are going for $80-90 per magazine. The P238 is still being made, Sig magazines are plentiful and Colt Mustang magazines can be used as well.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,029 Posts
Alpaca, there is a lot to consider. The P232 is a fine weapon, but no longer made, so parts can be hard to come by, even something as simple as a replacement factory magazine. No box, normally means no manual... so I would try to get to go a little lower in price. If it only has 1 magazine, I'd offer $450, but only after checking it over closely.
After checking on Gun Broker, the price is in line as to what they are asking, but it's unknown of what they are getting without following it closely.

This should give you a little insight about parts availability...
232 SIG. Accessories | Numrich Gun Parts

·
🎖USA Veteran
12,077 Posts
I've always wanted a 232 SL, nearly bought one about a year ago. But reading what owners a starting to deal with on spares (or the lack of), I've backed off.

Having one in a SIG collection would be a must but most likely as a safe queen and I don't have any of those.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
The 232 is a fine gun. I've had a couple and have no issues at all with either one of them. Yes, the parts might be hard to come across but if it is in good shape 500 sounds very reasonable to me. Don't let price or the availability of parts scare you away.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
I would stick with the all-stainless ones in good condition. Those are a work of art, so even at the very least they would occupy a good spot as a collectible/safe queen.

The alloy frame, nitron ones are what I would use for daily carry if I wanted to go that route.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I've always wanted a 232 SL, nearly bought one about a year ago. But reading what owners a starting to deal with on spares (or the lack of), I've backed off.

Having one in a SIG collection would be a must but most likely as a safe queen and I don't have any of those.
I have a blued P232 that has been my CCW (when I'm not carrying my M11A1), for a couple years now, and I'm carrying it more and more over the bigger pistol. My P232 has sentimental value, since it survived a 70 mph motorcycle crash with me last September. I'm down to two magazines, since one exploded all over the highway (I slid about 100', partly on the gun). The grip got a little banged up but the gun is mostly no worse for wear.

I have no faster shooting pistol than the P232. It's a baby machine gun, and an absolute blast to shoot. If it were in 9mm Parabellum I'd have my ultimate CCW pistol. I'm just not a big fan of the 380. Having now owned and shot a P232 quite a bit, I'd gladly pay $550 for one if I didn't already have one...it is easily one of my favorite guns to shoot, and probably the "prettiest " pistol ever made, IMHO.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I just bought a used 232 two tone for $495 and it had the case two mags and manual. It had very few rounds through it also. Last year i got a used 232SL for $575 and it may have had 200 rounds through it. It came with the case manual and two stainless mags.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
Buyers Remorse

Alpaca:

Hopefully you bought it, I personally feel that the P230 and P232 were real Sig classics. Actually I have found that "buyers remorse" fades away rather quickly, usually within a week or two.

I have a P230SL and a blued P230, neither will ever be for sale.

LilOsage

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I have an all stainless P232 with factory Hogue grips and night sights with about 200 rounds through it. I've thought about selling it, it is flawless, absolutely beautiful. I wouldn't take less than $1,200 for it, not sure anyone would pay that much, but it is perfect. It depends on how much you want it, I'd say, if you can afford it, it will only go up in price.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I've got a 230 plain vanilla in blue. DA trigger is good, nice and smooth; SA trigger is borderline wonderful.

I changed grips and put nice fat, soft Hogues on it and it made a nice difference, much softer shooter. I pocket carry it in a DeSantis pocket holster and it rotates with my S&W 640 and Walther PPS in the pocket or Walther P99c IWB.

If you are looking for a smooooothhh shooter in 380 try the Sig 250. Yeah, sure, it DAO but a great DAO plus slide is really easy to rack (important to my wife) as it isn't a blowback (it's locked breech). I've got a 9mm x-change unit for it so, Bingo, two guns in one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.