SIG Talk banner
41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
What can I say? ... I'm a fan and a confessed Gadg-A-Holic, I have several UpLula loaders. I keep one on my bench, one in my range bag (so I never get there without one), I have another set up with the single-stack adapter. The adapter isn't a must have but it works well for loading a bunch of 1911 mags. I also have the one for my AR-9mm mags and the one for Ruger 10/22 mags.

I have a SIG 320 X5 (pre-Legion) with the 21 round mags and they're damn near Imposible to load all the way without a loader. And I'm in 100% agreement with Puget up there ... I always load up all my mags the night before a range trip so I'm ready to go when I hit the line. I may reload a few later when I take a break, but it depends on how much I'm shooting each gun.

On some range trips I may take along a couple of 1911 / .45s and as many of 20 pre-loaded mags. It's much nicer to just grab another mag than to keep loading one or two mags over and over.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So I just ordered another UpLULA mag loader, but it just occurred to me,
have anyone found a better mag loader?

The one I currently have isn't actually mine, I bought it for my girlfriend
and it works like a champ.

Anything better though?

View attachment 468281
I love both of mine. I have one for my 9mm and one for the wife's .380. A friend of mine showed me a universal one he bought where you loaded the rounds on a slide and pushed them into the magazine. I didn't care for it and apparently he didn't either since he ended up buying an UpLULA. I saw one similar in design to the UpLULA on Facebook but I don't know anything more about it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you plan on buying a Maglula (parent company for the loaders manufactured in Israel), make sure you purchase it from a reputable dealer. There are a number of knock-offs on the market. Maglula has noted a number of knock-offs and can verify if you have the real thing by sending them pics (all angles) of your loader.

·
Premium Member
13,502 Posts
If you plan on buying a Maglula (parent company for the loaders manufactured in Israel), make sure you purchase it from a reputable dealer. There are a number of knock-offs on the market. Maglula has noted a number of knock-offs and can verify if you have the real thing by sending them pics (all angles) of your loader.
I was about to mention this before, that yeah want to make sure it's the genuine article.

Reactions: Pugetsnd

·
Registered
14 Posts
Uplula is very good, I have one I bought 15yrs ago at a gunshow and wish I had bought 10 of them. Company went out-of-business and last ones sold on gunbroker was in 2012, Very simple design works on 22cal single stack mags to 9mm or 45 double stack mags -always wonder if I could take it to a 3D printer service company and have them reproduce it for me ?

·
Registered
946 Posts
Uplula is very good, I have one I bought 15yrs ago at a gunshow and wish I had bought 10 of them. Company went out-of-business and last ones sold on gunbroker was in 2012, Very simple design works on 22cal single stack mags to 9mm or 45 double stack mags -always wonder if I could take it to a 3D printer service company and have them reproduce it for me ?
Not out of business. Still available. That is what this thread is about.

·
🎖USN Retired
192 Posts
T
So I just ordered another UpLULA mag loader, but it just occurred to me,
have anyone found a better mag loader?

The one I currently have isn't actually mine, I bought it for my girlfriend
and it works like a champ.

Anything better though?

View attachment 468281
Nothing better. Simple construction, durable materials, easy to use. Biden might be able to figure it out.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts