SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,350 Posts
I have one also, and use it as needed, loaning it to students who have difficulty manipulating magaiznes.

Some of the new compact pistols have particularly stiff and tight magazines that are difficult to load.

One of my HK pistols came with a free magazine loader, which works reasonably well. It's a simple plastic device without any moving parts that will depress the magazine follower or top round just enough to allow the next round to be inserted part way under the feed lips.

Reactions: Nilla

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
So I just ordered another UpLULA mag loader, but it just occurred to me,
have anyone found a better mag loader?

The one I currently have isn't actually mine, I bought it for my girlfriend
and it works like a champ.

Anything better though?

View attachment 468281
Hands down, The best Loader out there

·
Registered
122 Posts
So I just ordered another UpLULA mag loader, but it just occurred to me,
have anyone found a better mag loader?

The one I currently have isn't actually mine, I bought it for my girlfriend
and it works like a champ.

Anything better though?

View attachment 468281
no , there is no better loader IMO
I have one for my double stacks and one for my single stack 380.
Strap Electric blue Fashion accessory Leather Reflex camera

·
🎖USAF Retired
G19.4 - P365 - TX-22 - G42
195 Posts
Quick story -- several years ago at the range, as I'm packing up, I noticed an asian fellow watching (what I assumed was his Momma) doing the shooting. After 7 rounds, she would stop, drop the magazine, and hand load the .45's.

I asked him if he (or her) had a loader -- blank stare. I opened my range bag, pulled mine out and showed her how fast and easy it was to use. He rambled something to her and then asked me where he could get one. Told him at the gun counter -- he told her to stand there, he'd be right back.

International relations.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I love my Uplula. Your fingers will thank you.
^^^^^ THIS. I'm ok loading my P series, but just about any other gun especially the MPX
mags can be brutal.

Sounds like the UpLULA is #1 hands down. The one I bought girlfriend is black in color, I went
with orange this time. Figure it may easier to see what you're doing. Then....maybe not.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Like others, I have both the standard size and also the baby Lula for my P238's. Back when we went to several day intensive shooting schools, I started with the push down loader that comes in the Glock gun case, but the UpLula is most definitely the right one and the best one. It made a huge difference. It is worth the money!

Neither of them work with my .22lr magazines and those push down buttons on the sides of the mags can cut into your fingers, so I spend a few bucks buying the "oblong piece of plastic with the custom cut hole in the middle" ones for each brand of .22lr magazine that I own.

·
Registered
.357 sig
866 Posts
I’ve got a buddy that just recently got one after getting his first handgun. I had no idea how they worked but figured it out quickly. I never felt the need with .357 Sig, the shape of the cartridge makes it easier but once I bought some 9mm and fought with that, well I ordered a Maglula.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I’ve got a buddy that just recently got one after getting his first handgun. I had no idea how they worked but figured it out quickly. I never felt the need with .357 Sig, the shape of the cartridge makes it easier but once I bought some 9mm and fought with that, well I ordered a Maglula.
or when you get like me with killer arthritis in both thumbs,:confused:

1 - 20 of 73 Posts