SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Update on that P229 40 S&W DAK w/ NS LEO trade-in deal

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  sigsrok 
#1 ·
Here is an update on the purchase I made for this posted deal: http://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-pistols/191706-pretty-good-deal-p229-40-s-w-dak-w-ns-leo-trade-ins.html

In all, I'm quite satisfied. I dig the DAK system and thought this was a good price ($369) for the description.

So when I got the gun I was pretty happy about how nice it seemed on the outside, seems like very little frame wear and overall looks to be in excellent shape. But the insides were absolutely filthy, like it was never cleaned at all or something.
The other thing was that the night sites were advertized as being "glowing bright" but unfortunately mine were quite dim. I got in touch with Recoil Gunworks and we worked it out to my satisfaction.

So, since this was a used pistol and it needed new night sites AND Sig was running their father's day special on the Sig Service Package, I decided to send it in.

First the before pics as I got it from Recoil Gunworks.

So I got it back from Sig. It looks even better. The grips are so well cleaned that at first I thought they had replaced them with new ones. The insides are very well cleaned.

It's all lubed up and feels glass smooth.

Below are the new pics and a picture of all the parts they replaced (they sent me the old parts).

All in all I guess it comes out to about the same as a CPO purchase but if Sig checks and verifies and replaces parts then seems about the same. Not a bad way to go as far as I can tell.

See less See more
#6 ·
Congratulations, now buy a case of ammunition, and enjoy it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.