SIG Talk banner

Update on modified SRT M11 trigger

1246 14
Last thread got somewhat sidetracked and I wanted to update the range feel of the ground off/shortened/modified (see picture) of the SRT in my M11A-1.

It has transformed the shooting feel of this pistol. No pinch no distraction, no wanting to adjust my natural trigger placement just a real nice feel and control.

Because I had an extra SRT I could mod this without fear I would have ruined something but I now know I want all SRT shortened like this.
It is a world of difference for the better.

I am surprised Sig has not addressed this

Please note: I am not a gunsmith or Sig Armorer. The YouTube video explained how to remove and replace the P227 trigger (All P apply) and I followed the instructions. I can not do this for you or anybody else, it is illegal
I will not take a picture with my finger on the trigger. The position and feel of your trigger may be different and a picture could be misleading. You know if your finger gets pinched with an SRT and if it is like mine it is a rare coincidence not typical

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Modified short trigger, not modified short reset trigger (SRT).
The trigger shown in the picture is the trigger that comes with the M11A-1.

That trigger is part of the SRT package and is not the regular trigger.

My description best details the SRT trigger as compared to the regular trigger. It matters not one bit if one has just this trigger or the complete package it is just the trigger that causes a pinch with some shooters

That trigger I shortened because the end curves to be horizontal and with my finger and many others as I pull my flesh gets stuck or pushed by the end of the trigger. It is not touching the guard at all. In fact it should have less a chance to touch the guard because it is too long and over encompasses the finger.
With it physically shortened it would be much more likely to rub the guard but it does not

This M11A-1 is now easier to use as there is no distraction from the pinch. This is the best trigger (IMO) I have ever felt on a Sig

If your finger does not pinch, great for you but it certainly does in many some even sending the pistols to Sig and having the SRT replaced with a normal/standard/original trigger
I have regular trigger on some Sigs, they don't pinch but are not near as nice a feel as this SRT shortened call it what you like trigger

Registered
The "SRT package" does not include a trigger.

The short reset trigger (SRT) kit includes a modified sear and safety lever. The SRT kit for the P220 also includes a modified decocking lever, in addition to the sear and safety lever.

If you want to install a SIG reduced reach or "short" trigger, you need to order that separately.

Registered
Actually, the short reach trigger, as SIG so confusingly names it, is installed on numerous guns without the short reset trigger action (aka "SRT").

As an example, the P227 Nitron, comes with the short reach trigger but does NOT come with the short reset trigger action.

That is why people try so hard to distinguish between the two.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My modification or shortening has always referred to the SRT as in Short Reach Trigger which seems to be a bit short sighted by Sig for not having adifferent designations.
It seems to be wrongly used and is confusing.

Did anyone at all think I was referring to the reset action when I said I modified the SRT aka short reach trigger by removing metal from the tip of the trigger?

I apologize to those who were so misled

Registered
Life would be so simple if SIG had just called the skinny trigger "thin" and the regular trigger "standard".

Or, they could have called the SRT kit (or feature) simply SR for short reset. Ain't a soul here that needs to be told that there is but one reset function on a semi-auto. So "SR" would have been just dandy. Drop the "T" and stop the confusion, SIG, you have thousands of gun owners going in circles scratching their heads - - it's bedlam out here!! :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Interestingly my P225A-1 says it has the SRT (Short Reset Trigger) and it does. It also has the regular trigger not the Short Reach Trigger which for my finger is better. I won't need to pull that and shorten it.

I will be sure to correctly ID the part from now on

Registered
My modification or shortening has always referred to the SRT as in Short Reach Trigger which seems to be a bit short sighted by Sig for not having adifferent designations.
It seems to be wrongly used and is confusing.

Did anyone at all think I was referring to the reset action when I said I modified the SRT aka short reach trigger by removing metal from the tip of the trigger?

I apologize to those who were so misled
I think we all realized that you knew what you meant and were using "SRT" to stand for "short reach trigger". And there is no doubt that SIG contributed to the confusion by naming to the short reset trigger kit as they did, instead of calling it the "short reset action kit" or something similar.

But those who are not familiar with "SIG-speak" might become confused. And you seemed to be suggesting that the SIG "short" trigger was part of a "SRT package" which to my knowledge does not exist.

Registered
The pinch (at least for me, and others I have read) happens at the back of the trigger. Not the bottom, where you would have to be scrapping the bottom of the trigger guard and trigger with your finger as you squeeze.
This, no way how I see this helps anything. And the fact that the OP refuses to take a picture of his finger on the trigger makes me not even care. :rolleyes:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This, no way how I see this helps anything. And the fact that the OP refuses to take a picture of his finger on the trigger makes me not even care. :rolleyes:
Aw, but that fact you replied shows you really do care. Don't be afraid to show your feelings, let it out :geek:

Registered
And... This thread demonstrates why the short-reach trigger should be dubbed thin trigger instead of short-reach, as to not confuse newbies with the identical initialisms.

Good job on the trigger curve reduction though. That lower portion is definitely the culprit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.