SIG Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got my newly acquired p238 back from Sig for an Ambi safety upgrade
Pleasantly surprised to see that rather than modify the right side grip they actually replaced the grips. I would like to think that the CS tech that worked on the gun picked a set of grips he liked on the Equinox model as they are much more attractive than the nice Blackwood original grips.

They returned the original grips and safety and I believe they replaced the mag release spring as I requested because I shoot left handed and had mag release problems with my 938 and wanted to avoid sending the 238 back again for that problem. I compared it to the 938 when it arrived and it was stiffer than the 938.

Sent the 938 off next day for the spring and maybe mag catch upgrade.
So far my experiences with Sig have been positive, and they do want to take care of their customers and uphold their reputation as well.
Hope to get to the range in the next day or two and am searching for some ammo on sale locally.
DW

Double click pic to enlarge
Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory

·
Registered
427 Posts
Looks good!

As to your ammo needs I understand if you are just wanting to support a local business maybe but if that is not the issue I would look at ordering your ammo online. If the pricing situation is anything like it is here where I live it is absolutely a better deal to buy online even with added shipping costs. Especially if you are looking for hollow point carry ammunition. We are talking half price or better........adds up.

I prefer SGAMMO but have ordered from other places as well with decent results.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good!

As to your ammo needs I understand if you are just wanting to support a local business maybe but if that is not the issue I would look at ordering your ammo online. If the pricing situation is anything like it is here where I live it is absolutely a better deal to buy online even with added shipping costs. Especially if you are looking for hollow point carry ammunition. We are talking half price or better........adds up.

I prefer SGAMMO but have ordered from other places as well with decent results.
Agreed - will buy bulk online for practice and ccw when I'm comfortable what it likes eat best. Gonna run some break in stuff thru first so don't want lots of any one kind just yet in case it doesn't like a certain brand.
dw

·
Registered
823 Posts
My LGS closed down a few years ago. The kitchen table dealer I use for transfers has some ammo but not at favorable prices.
When I got my P938, I bought a couple of boxes of 115gr at WalMart to test it out, then ordered exactly what I wanted from SGAMMO, BoneFrog, and Target Sports (got a great deal on a case of HST at Target Sports for $406 shipped, but that deal only lasted one weekend).

·
Registered
216 Posts
Got my newly acquired p238 back from Sig for an Ambi safety upgrade
Pleasantly surprised to see that rather than modify the right side grip they actually replaced the grips. I would like to think that the CS tech that worked on the gun picked a set of grips he liked on the Equinox model as they are much more attractive than the nice Blackwood original grips.

They returned the original grips and safety and I believe they replaced the mag release spring as I requested because I shoot left handed and had mag release problems with my 938 and wanted to avoid sending the 238 back again for that problem. I compared it to the 938 when it arrived and it was stiffer than the 938.

Sent the 938 off next day for the spring and maybe mag catch upgrade.
So far my experiences with Sig have been positive, and they do want to take care of their customers and uphold their reputation as well.
Hope to get to the range in the next day or two and am searching for some ammo on sale locally.
DW

Double click pic to enlarge
View attachment 123306

That's a good looking handgun!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.