SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a somewhat unusual P229 9mm CPO yesterday. It has a P228/229 frame made in Newington, a legacy slide made in Exeter, E2 grips, and Xray3 sights.

A call to SIG for information was particularly surprising. When I provided the serial number, the CSR said the gun was made in January of 2019. The red box shows the gun was shipped as a CPO ten months later in November of 2019.

The gun shows fewer signs of wear than most new guns that have been racked a few times in a store.
Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood
Cylinder Material property Gas Auto part Gun accessory
Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Air gun Office equipment

馃帠USA Veteran
internals appear new. it looks to be the newer style of barrel coating, which doesn't show much wear.

could have been sold/returned, then became cpo after whatever issue was resolved.

Registered
Very interesting. Could have been part of a specific LE order. There are times where agencies request very specific configurations. Case in point, my SCOTUS PD 9mm P229s. They are the 鈥淪elect鈥 model but had Sig configure them with E2 grips instead of the brown ones and also set up with standard P229 controls versus the Select/Legion low profile controls.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Followup after seeing the seller today:

Was this a NOS sitting in a LGS stockroom a few years or a GB find? I need to get out more.
I got the gun from an individual who said he got it "a couple of years ago" from a store and had never even cleaned the factory coating from the gun.

Not too shabby. Get rid of those grips, and it will be a winner.
I got a message earlier today that the seller had original-style P229 polymer grips but didn't want to promise them to me until he had actually found them. He said he dislikes E2 grips and had intended to switch grips on the P229 ... until he found a really nice P228 to shoot and the P229 assumed a lonely existence in his safe.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts