SIG Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched gun shops in my area, many in Houston and gun shows in the Houston area for a 1911 Ultra in 9mm. No luck. Lots of offers to order but...

Last weekend I found one Ultra in 45 ACP at a show in Houston and was able to handle it.

Question: Does the 45 and 9mm use the exact same grip frame or is the 9mm a tad smaller?

Thanks,
Locke

·
Registered
139 Posts
Unless Sig has done something very strange, there shouldn't be any difference between a 9mm and 45 1911 frame. The slide/barrel assembly (incl. recoil spring etc) is the only major difference. IIRC the slide stop is also different, but that's all in the grip that differs between the two.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure I can bring myself to order a gun I've never even seen in the flesh.

Also, they don't seem to be very popular in 9mm. If Sig stops making them in 9mm I fear factory support could diminish.
On the other hand, collectors might go crazy for them after they are discontinued..?

Guess I'll just keep searching, somebody's bound to have one in the Houston area.

Locke

·
Registered
23,609 Posts
The frames are the same.

Reactions: LockNLoad

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I have three of their 45 Ultra's cause I like them that much, I have one of their 9mm Ultra's and don't care for it. Nothing wrong with it I just don't really care for a low-cap 9 anymore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.