SIG Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I've been lurking for quite awhile here. This is my first post. Live in Idaho Falls, ID and winter in Tucson, AZ.

I've had the Legion bug for some time now. Last fall I told my LGS to get me one in 40 S&W. In December he called and said that he just got one in, but it was in 9mm. I said that I'd take it!:D In January he called and said that he just got one that was a 40 S&W. I said that I'd take it!:D:D

Just got back to Idaho, went in and picked them both up on Friday AM. Heading to the range to see how they shoot on Wednesday. However, both are in perfect cosmetic shape, and seem to be silky smooth on the actions and triggers. BTW, both came with a little package of LucasOil Extreme Duty Gun Oil. No grease. Must be good stuff??

I also own a P239 SAS GEN II in 40 S&W that I've had for about 7 years. Both I and my wife really like the way it shoots.

Well, better order up a couple more cases of ammo tonight. I think I'll need it.

Ron

·
Registered
22,188 Posts
Welcome to SIGTalk!

You have a real bad case of the signess! :lol:

·
Registered
21,617 Posts
Yes welcome and congratulations. That's how I do it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Oh my! Congrats!

Did you get SA/DA or SAO?

I bought my P226 Legion in 9mm SAO last week and if I weren't heading out of town, I would have definitely snagged the P229 Legion. I'm shooting only 9mm at the moment because it's a lot easier from an ammo perspective and I personally don't have an interest in .40 cal. I've done quite a bit of reading on ballistics performance of various personal defense ammo so I'm satisfied with what my 9mm collection can do. It's more of an issue how well I can do, than what caliber I'm carrying based on my skill level. Just got started shooting in January this year but my groups are dialing in, especially with the Legion. OMG, I'm so hooked! The flat trigger style suits my finger and the reach seems to be comfortable for me as well. I tried a CZ 75 at my LGS and didn't like the trigger. It was too far forward with a long pull. My fingers are too short for that style, but the flat trigger of the P226 Legion was perfect for me. I wonder if you have the flat or curved trigger on your 2 new Legions.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For the record, the two Legions are P229, and all of my Sigs are DA/SA. One Legion and the P239 are 40 S&W, and one Legion is 9mm. The 40 S&W pistols can all be switched to 357 SIG if I desired. But so far, no desire. It's all a personal preference thing.

I'm sure that the 9mm Legion will somehow find its' way into my wifes hands, but will have to wait and see. She really likes the P239.

Regards,
Ron

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome from Ky. Hope you enjoy your legion as much as I do mine

·
Registered
765 Posts
Welcome from MD. Enjoy the Legions. I don't get to shoot mine nearly enough. ;)

·
Registered
730 Posts
Congrats, and welcome from The Centennial State.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Ron congrats. I have made 2 mistakes. I put a 229 Legion in 357 sig in my hands. The second mistake I made was I put a 226 SAO Legion in my hands. I walked out with both. Glad I bought both. The 226 SAO is amazing. The trigger and the fit is awesome. I shared my groupings with a friend who is LE and a former Marine Sniper and he said "those guns shoot better than he does". Kind of took the wind out of my sails. But now I know what he means. The only thing I need now are holsters for these guns.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Heading to the range on Wednesday with the .40 Legion and a .40 EMP. Hope that the Legion shoots as well as others I've been hearing about. No reason not to expect otherwise.

Need to get reacquainted with the EMP as it's been pouting in the safe with all of the Sig's around.:D

Regards,
Ron

1 - 16 of 16 Posts