SIG Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do like the front xray sight on the Legion, but I have a tough time picking up the smaller rear sights. I know they are designed that way on purpose, but for my old eyes, I wanted to try something different.

I picked up a set of Truglo TFO sights both #8, but only put the rear TruGlo sights on.

Now my sight picture is all messed up. I am shooting very high with my normal "combat" sight picture, which is to cover the bullseye with the front dot. If I use more of a 6 o'clock sight picture, it works better, but I am struggling to get vertical accuracy.

I *LOVE* my combat sight picture, and all of my other pistols use that sight picture.

Not so happy.

So I am wondering if anyone else has done something similar, and had similar results?

I was thinking about mounting the TruGlo front sight as well and see how that works, but now I am wondering if I would have bought the #8 rear and the #6 front (which they also see for the Sig), so I hate to damage the front #8 sight if it is not going to work.

FWIW, my Legion P226 (SAO) had #8 front and #8 rear sights.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

(Should this be posted in the gunsmithing forum?)

·
Registered
197 Posts
I do not have a 226 but I do have a 229. I also have several P320s. The all came w 6F/8r which is Sig's typical setup for a combat picture on those guns. I found they shot well that way for combat, but I usually use a center mass picture so I always shot low with that setup. When I changed to 8f/8r, that solved my problems. In your case, 6f/8r might be more to your liking.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts