SIG Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question, I put new Truglo Fiber Optic Sights on my Sig P320, Before I did I look on here and had the talk with some of you people about what # sights to buy from Truglo. Most people said even know the stock sights on my Sig P320 Carry were #6 up front an #8 in the rear, I should buy both #8's front and rear. A lot of people said if you buy Truglo #6 front and #8 rear you will shoot low.

So I did buy the #8 sights front and rear from Truglo and took it out to the range, Well with my POA with both sights flush on top and the front sight being right on the Bull at 30 Ft it shoot really low??? I change my POA up about 3inch on the target and then I was doing great. But when you do that your gun is blocking the target so it hard to see where you hit after you have some many rounds through the target.

Has anyone had this problem or does anyone know it I should replace my front sight with something else? I love this gun I just would like to get the right sights or sight picture. FYI, There are Truglo's Fiber Optic Not the night sights.

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
112 Posts
9mm or .40? Odd that you're shooting low with a #8/8 sights.

I have the Truglo sights on me P320C in .40 with the #6/8 sights. Factory had installed the #8/8 on there. I have to admit, I use a combat sight picture and shoot pretty good with it. Though it is stated that #6/8 combo is for a .40.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,015 Posts
I've included how Sig designed their sights for the "Combat Hold" sight picture, and actually shooting 2 handed, "combat stance".
Understand that when you fire from a supported position, you react to the recoil differently, which will effect the point of impact, of the pistol.

I am also including a chart, as to the values of switching sight numbers in relationship to POI changes. This involves the varied sizes Sig uses, and aftermarket manufactures have their own variations. I hope this gives you an idea for what will be necessary for you to change.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.