SIG Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a sig Romeo zero that was just replaced under warranty that I’m not planning to put back on my pistol. Plan is to sell it and upgrade.

My question is this:
Trijicon RMRcc or Holosun 507K

Thoughts? I know the trijicon doesn’t have a rear site built in and the Holosun does. But I’m not sure that’s a deal breaker.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
🎖US Army Veteran Premium Member
2,631 Posts
I'm a fan of the RMRcc mostly because of the bullet proof reputation of the Tricon line and big brother RMR. When I get around to the project, I'm planning on mounting an RMRcc on my 365 SAS slide - no front sight - no need for a rear notch. I'm not in a rush - I want to see more reviews on the cc version before I put all my eggs in that basket.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Put 100 rounds thru my RMRcc yesterday. Flawless and anti-climatic as expected.
To muddy to set up any paper all I had out was a 6 inch AR plate.
Once zeroed it quickly became boring. Hence the only 100 rounds.
If you cant hit a 6 inch plate at 20 yards & less with a red dot then I wouldnt even know what to say about that lol
The smaller window had no effect really. The dot is in the same place every time no matter the size of the window so it wasnt an issue for me.

I have an RMR2 an RMR Dual Illuminated and the RMRcc.
I have a couple ACOGS and a Trijicon AccuPoint 2.5-10x56 on my AR10
Im a Trijicon guy & you cant go wrong. Buy once cry once.

With that being said I also bought a Holoson 507 because I wanted to check out the dual reticle.
When I want to try something I just go buy it not caring what others think. No other way to know way I see it.
If I like it I keep it, if not I get rid of it, but that way I KNOW whats up.
I still have the Holoson.
It has proven tough as nails. Its been on my DP12 shotgun, been on a couple CCU's and several pistols. I have loaned it out to several friends. The anodizing is worn off all the corners & edges like its been in a holster for years.
It is still going strong and on the original battery no less, almost 18 months now.

Buy either with confidence and since they share the same footprint you can switch if one or the other dont suit you.

If you want 100% American made then there is only one choice really.
Thats all i got.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there a reason you’re not considering a Holosun 407K?
Fair question. No real reason why, guess I should’ve said 407k/507k or Trijicon RMRcc. I know the 507k has multiple reticle options and I think that’s it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
The 407k has a 6 MOA dot also, as opposed to the 507k’s 2 MOA dot. I’ve seen the reviews on both and I decided to order a 407k for my P365 XL. I’m still waiting for it to be delivered.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The 407k has a 6 MOA dot also, as opposed to the 507k’s 2 MOA dot. I’ve seen the reviews on both and I decided to order a 407k for my P365 XL. I’m still waiting for it to be delivered.
Funny you should mention the 6 MOA dot. I was just looking up the specs on the 407k and saw that, I think I’d prefer the 3.25 MOA of the Trijicon honestly.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Trijicon if you want the best durability and an American company. Also if money is not option.

Otherwise if you want to spend less, close to durability the reticle/dot choices, then HOLOSUN.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You didn't mention what you're putting this on, but if it's an X or XL slide with an optics cut already, the Holosun will use the same pattern as the Romeo Zero and not require an adapter plate.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You didn't mention what you're putting this on, but if it's an X or XL slide with an optics cut already, the Holosun will use the same pattern as the Romeo Zero and not require an adapter plate.
P365XL

I realize the Trijicon needs an adapter plate - but if I’m going to pay $429 for the Trijicon - what’s $50 more for the plate. Lol.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I don't want a mounting plate (making the RDS ride higher on the slide) and from what I've read you may be waiting a very long time for the 407K. That, plus the price of the RMR, makes it easy for me, the 507k which I use and have been quite satisfied with.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have 2 RMRs, a 507c, 508t-grn, and 2 507ks. I have no complaints about the RMRs and appreciate that they're waterproof to any reasonable depth with the sealing plate, but the Holosuns are great and significantly less expensive. I am partial to the 32 moa circle reticle, and the green is my absolute favorite. You'll do well with either.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have 2 RMRs, a 507c, 508t-grn, and 2 507ks. I have no complaints about the RMRs and appreciate that they're waterproof to any reasonable depth with the sealing plate, but the Holosuns are great and significantly less expensive. I am partial to the 32 moa circle reticle, and the green is my absolute favorite. You'll do well with either.
Thanks for the info. I just struck a deal on eBay for a new sealed Holosun 507K for $249 shipped. I think that’s a really fair price. Now to sell the newly replaced Romeo zero with shroud Sig just sent back to me.

·
🎖US Army Veteran Premium Member
2,631 Posts
Thanks for the info. I just struck a deal on eBay for a new sealed Holosun 507K for $249 shipped. I think that’s a really fair price. Now to sell the newly replaced Romeo zero with shroud Sig just sent back to me.

Good deal. Good luck with your new red dot and selling your old Zero. I think I saw a Sig email where they are selling refurbished Zeros, but I'm not sure how much. You may want to check into that before you go to sell to see how the going rate might be affected.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Romeo 0,s are on sale right now at euro optics for 149.00 bucks brand new.
I predict they will get cheaper & cheaper as more people figure it out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went with a 507k on my xl mainly because I see the 65 moa ring as an aid to find the reticle more quickly. Kind of along the lines of the same principal behind their ACSS reticle. I absolutely love it, especially as my eyes age.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts