SIG Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into getting this trijicon RMR, does anybody have any experience or insight on it? All the reviews are great but as for putting it on my sig p226 MK25 I was wondering what the general consensus was?! Let me know!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I've had mine about two years...it works fine left on always or turned off...I think Trijicon (made in the USA) makes the best red dot sight for pistols...mine is on a milled slide GLOCK...

check www.warriortalk.com for the most information you could ever wish for on RDS pistols...

Bill

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
the learning curve can be a bear and the RDS will point out all the issues with your trigger control (red dot will dance around in the RDS window) but it will help make you a better shooter too...

Bill

·
Premium Member
18,520 Posts
Welcome to SIG Talk!

I second everything stated by Silversport. I, too, have an RMR on a milled Glock slide. I find it to be an excellent addition to the firearm, it is mounted on my bedside handgun.

Customized Creationz will mill the slide to accept an RMR, Todd does exemplary work. Worth contacting him.

Another option is a mount that will attach to the rear sight dovetail. I don't see this as the first option as you are loosing the ability to keep the iron sights on the handgun. My Glock with the RMR has a set of front and rear suppressor sights to utilize in the event the RMR fails.

Amazon.com : Trijicon Sig Sauer RMR Pistol Mount : Sports : Sports & Outdoors

I have a Docter iii mounted to another Glock utilizing a similar mount. I works well, I had to get a taller front sight to keep the fall back sight option available. No rear sight on this one, but there is a small bump in the Docter below the screen that I can utilize to align the front sight.

Dawson Precision can fabricate some sights for you to the heights you will find you need. If you watch Todd's video, you will see the standard sights are blocked by the RMR. He also mentions the Burris FastFire red dot. I own a couple of these, along with the Docter. I find the Docter is a more robust unit, capable of withstanding the recoil introduced by the slide cycling. The Burris is fine, but I'm more confident in the Docter.

My personal opinion, the ranking of the red dots would fall in this order, in terms of quality, design and robustness, and for mounting to a handgun slide, would be the population from which I would choose:

1) Trijicon RMR
2) Docter iii
3) Leupold Delta Point
4) Burris FastFire

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.