SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience to report on having the trigger smoothed and lightened on their P365? I have been searching for results on having either Sig or The Sig Armorer work on my 365 XL trigger. The results (NONE on the P365) of work done by Sig have been mixed. Reviews of work by Robert Burke (The Sig Armorer) have been universally excellent but I have yet to find any reviews of work done by either Sig or Burke on the P365 trigger.

Thanks for any reports.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I know that Mcarbo makes a spring kit that is supposed to ease up on the creep and lighten a bit.
They have a video on their site that explains the installation.
I have the kit ordered and plan on installing this week-we shall see if it does what they claim.
The trigger on my P365X is not horrible but there is a lot of take up and creep-with 2 stages before breaking.
As far as Sig doing trigger work I know not.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have 3 of these things, the 365 is buttery smooth, the XL is what I would call a bit stagey and the X fall's bwtn the two. With a number of stamped parts in play, the amount of proper finishing of said parts at the factory likely matters considerably. The XL has gotten better with use but still hasn't surpassed a literally brand new X.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can live with the pull weight (about 6 1/4#) on the XL but the take up or creep, is somewhat rough and seems to be somewhat unpredictable. What I am looking for is a smooth and consistent trigger pull. I can adapt to the weight but I don’t like a trigger that seems to break differently from shot to shot.

I am not too keen on spending $200 for a trigger job on a pistol that costs $600 but I find the inconsistent feel of the trigger pull hard to live with. Everything else about the pistol is fine for a carry pistol so I would really like the trigger cleaned up. Maybe I am being too picky about the trigger on a gun in this price range. I know it will never be like the single action trigger pull on my Ed Brown 1911 but it really needs to be consistent on a pistol used for an EDC.

Am I expecting too much?

P.S. - I have 480 rounds on this P365 at this point.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I performed the do-it-yourself trigger job per the video Trigger Job. It doesn't reduce the trigger pull weight, but certainly helped with all other aspects of the trigger. I then installed the MCarbo trigger kit which reduced the trigger pull weight. Between the two, the trigger on my P365 feels very nice.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I can live with the pull weight (about 6 1/4#) on the XL but the take up or creep, is somewhat rough and seems to be somewhat unpredictable. What I am looking for is a smooth and consistent trigger pull. I can adapt to the weight but I don’t like a trigger that seems to break differently from shot to shot.

I am not too keen on spending $200 for a trigger job on a pistol that costs $600 but I find the inconsistent feel of the trigger pull hard to live with. Everything else about the pistol is fine for a carry pistol so I would really like the trigger cleaned up. Maybe I am being too picky about the trigger on a gun in this price range. I know it will never be like the single action trigger pull on my Ed Brown 1911 but it really needs to be consistent on a pistol used for an EDC.

Am I expecting too much?

P.S. - I have 480 rounds on this P365 at this point.
I've got 1630 rounds on my new P365X and the trigger has smoothed out and lightened a bit. I actually bought the mcarbo springs and have decided against installing them(at least for the time being). Compared to my Dan Wesson triggers the P365 trigger is trash, but I shoot it well enough. Consistent fist sized groups at 10-15 yds is all I need with a tiny 9mm CCW. From what I have concluded from my research is you may make a small difference in trigger feel and weight, but nothing major. Not worth it, IMO.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Has anyone installed the Tactical Triggers kit in their P365?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've installed Mcarbo kits on 5 P365/XL's and love the way the work. I also polish parts while doing it. It makes a decent trigger great.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
+1 on McCarbo spring kits.I've put them in three, 365s, but, didn't do any polishing, mainly due to laziness, but, also if any of them are used in a defensive situation, don't need any evidence of tinkering, even though I doubt the average prosecutor would actually take a gun apart, and look for polishing.
One of my 365s had a 9# pull, now, it's decent.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
+1 on McCarbo spring kits.I've put them in three, 365s, but, didn't do any polishing, mainly due to laziness, but, also if any of them are used in a defensive situation, don't need any evidence of tinkering, even though I doubt the average prosecutor would actually take a gun apart, and look for polishing.
One of my 365s had a 9# pull, now, it's decent.
What areas would you recommend polishing? I have polished the internals on my G19 and it does help reduce friction.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Any of the bars that slide on the FCU as the trigger is pulled.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
212 Posts
What areas would you recommend polishing? I have polished the internals on my G19 and it does help reduce friction.
Everything that rubs/touches, with the exception of where the sear, and striker contact, unless you polish there carefully

·
Registered
724 Posts
My first two P365s (2018/2019 builds) have buttery-smooth triggers. My XL bought earlier this year (Dec 2020 build) has a very gritty trigger. I just bought another P365 (June 2021) that also has a gritty trigger... and it was the best of the four I checked out at the LGS. I don't know what SIG has done to the P365 series in the last year that has ruined the feel of their triggers.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My June 2021 365X trigger is smooth as butter and very light, consistent and repeatable. Almost too light and smooth for a defense pistol.

·
Registered
314 Posts
My best fix for the P365 trigger is to buy a Glock and shoot it. Then you will appreciate the P365 trigger.

After owning M&Ps and Glocks for decades, then getting a P365, I was amazed at the wonderful 5.0 lb trigger. Not sure if I got a rare gem or what, but I'm very happy with mine. I've never even considered doing anything to the trigger.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I've got the McCarbo spring kit along with a Grayguns adjustable trigger installed on my 365xl and the spring kit made a big difference

1 - 20 of 44 Posts