SIG Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day, I noticed that the trigger in my P320 had some left to right and forward to backward play in it. I understand that this is normal to some extent, but am trying to get a feel for how bad it should be. Mine is about like this:

I removed the trigger from the FCU to see if I could figure out what was causing this, and I noticed a spot on the inside of the trigger pivot hole, where the tab on the trigger engages in the hole, where there appears to be a small ding. I'll attach some pictures below. Does anyone know if this is normal, or if it is cause for concern?

Attachments

·
Registered
441 Posts
The little spot you show shouldn't cause any issues and I wouldn't be to concerned about it. The trigger play in that video is pretty common with the 320, as there is a pretty wide tolerance gap between the trigger and FCG. I have one 320 that is pretty loose, and my second one is a bit tighter.

The best thing is to minimize that is a heavy grease on the trigger bar components. That is actually the only gripe I have about the 320 platform. I understand needing to have wider tolerances for parts swapping IE the modularity fo the 320, but it seems a bit excessive. Turth be told though, when shooting, it isn't an issue at all.

TXPO

·
Registered
112 Posts
Normal.

Nothing to see here.
Drive on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The little spot you show shouldn't cause any issues and I wouldn't be to concerned about it. The trigger play in that video is pretty common with the 320, as there is a pretty wide tolerance gap between the trigger and FCG. I have one 320 that is pretty loose, and my second one is a bit tighter.

The best thing is to minimize that is a heavy grease on the trigger bar components. That is actually the only gripe I have about the 320 platform. I understand needing to have wider tolerances for parts swapping IE the modularity fo the 320, but it seems a bit excessive. Turth be told though, when shooting, it isn't an issue at all.

TXPO
Thanks for the reassurance that everything seems normal! Still, do you have any idea what could cause that spot I showed? Do you think it's a factory manufacturing imperfection, excessive wear due to lack of lubrication in that area, or normal wear and tear? I have less than 200 rounds through the pistol, and it seemed odd to me.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Just pulled my stock trigger out of a bag . GRAY GUNS replacement now . My stock triggers clean in side , no burrs or what I would call in your photo "spalling " I do use a very lite clp product on my trigger groups . Not thick like break free or G96 clp .

Cleans up easily but works into the tight spots and leaves a very lite lube coating .

https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Shot-Step-Solvent-Lube-8-Ounce/dp/B001F0M5ES

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My trigger also appears clean with no burrs. I see nothing on it that looks like it could have caused that "spalling", and it feels very smooth as it rotates within the FCU, with no perceptible binding or grittiness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts