SIG Talk banner

Trigger job to shorten p220

2337 5
Anyone have any input on how to shorten and lighten the trigger throw on a sig p220? Looking for lighter and shorter trigger with better and faster reset
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,469 Posts
Start by installing these parts into your DAK P220:

Parts to convert from DAK to DA/SA

Decocking Lever
Decocking Lever Spring
Decocking Lever Bearing
Hammer
Hammer Strut Pin
Hammer Reset Spring
Hammer Strut
Mainspring
Safety Lever
Sear
Sear Spring
Trigger Bar
DA/SA Grips with Decocking Lever cutout

Thanks guys for the quick responses, I have been out of town for a while and have read everyone's replies, Thanks. Striker goes halfway back when trigger is pulled will not travel thru a firing cycle. Checked the trigger spring everyone else's gun is different than mine so I have no comparison made sure the trigger bar pin was flush on the left and protruding on the right. Problem still remains, will include pics of gun this time, any help will be great
Any trigger replacement thoughts, don't like the long trigger pull of this gun.

·
🎖USA Veteran
12,081 Posts
Start by installing these parts into your DAK P220:

Parts to convert from DAK to DA/SA

Decocking Lever
Decocking Lever Spring
Decocking Lever Bearing
Hammer
Hammer Strut Pin
Hammer Reset Spring
Hammer Strut
Mainspring
Safety Lever
Sear
Sear Spring
Trigger Bar
DA/SA Grips with Decocking Lever cutout
Excellent advise.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,081 Posts
I installed the SRT action parts on my P220 and found no difference in the distance of the reset-way too much play. So what is next? I don’t know of any chance of errors on the install. Any suggestions?
When you talk of "play", I don't believe you are talking of reset. I believe you are talking about the "take-up" in the trigger, with the hammer cocked, before the trigger bar contacts, and releases the sear.

That's something not remedied by most drop in parts, but a gunsmith, may be able to reduce it. Double Action take-up can be largely eliminated by a dual adjustable trigger, but single action take-up cannot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.