SIG Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, sorry if I am asking a repeated question, I have this MA approved P250 and the trigger is killing me. I saw Sig is offering P250 parts kit in their website ( https://www.sigsauer.com/store/parts-kit-p250c-9mm.html ) which I guess for standard pistols (not the MA approved), so I am wondering if changing trigger bar spring will change the trigger pull weight. Thank you in advance.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,018 Posts
Hi guys, sorry if I am asking a repeated question, I have this MA approved P250 and the trigger is killing me. I saw Sig is offering P250 parts kit in their website ( https://www.sigsauer.com/store/parts-kit-p250c-9mm.html ) which I guess for standard pistols (not the MA approved), so I am wondering if changing trigger bar spring will change the trigger pull weight. Thank you in advance.
First off welcome to Sig Talk, from the southwest corner of Indiana. I'm not sure what all springs are in the "Parts Kit" for the 250, but imagine they will be no different that what you already have.

Items #18 & 19, the inner and outer hammer springs, will function as the primary reason for trigger pull weight. P250 Accessories | Numrich Gun Parts

Because as a double action only, the trigger has to cock the hammer each time prior to it's release which fires the chambered cartridge.

I am unsure the factory weights, and whether you state has a certain requirement for acceptance. On other Sig Models, the mainspring serves the same function as your inner and outer hammer springs, and a person can go down to 17-19# rating, and maintain proper function in primer strikes, while reducing double action pull weight. A common source for springs for the firearm industry, Wolff Gunsprings, doesn't have a listing for the 250. I don't know if anyone else has substitutions available.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Willard for your reply. I just talked with the Sig customer service and they said all their spring kits are rated at 8.5 lb in contrast to 10.5 lb weight of the MA approved P250. I think its worth trying, its not too expensive.. around $30 maybe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.