SIG Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have been searching around for a way to either lighten up the hammer pull back on my SP2022 It is quite hard/tight. Along with the Long hard trigger pull.

Do I need to switch out both springs, if so what are the ramifications of doing so?
Is that a problem with striking the primer? Is it pre meditated in a self defense situation? (Someone at a gunshop here in Kali brought that up)

Can I do one or the other and feel a shorter pull, or an easier click back of the hammer. That little hammer spring is so frikin tight/strong! I have it cocked halfway with the mag stuffed in the trigger guard, dreaming of a broke in spring...LOL

Where should I find a kit for doing it
Thanks in advance for any direction
Regards
CB

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
It should only be 10 pounds... I thought it was smoother and lighter than many revolvers. Maybe some oil on the hammer group is needed?

I don't know why you'd have a magazine stuffed in the trigger guard, that seems counterproductive and I've never seen that procedure outlined in the owner's manual...

:lol:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is only 10lbs I would like it a bit lighter. (Obviously) No of course you did not see it in the manual. Thanks for ???
Regards
CB

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I replaced the spring in my 2022 with a Wolff reduced power spring.
The reduced weight hammer springs for the older model Sig P220 work like a champ in the Sig Pro / SP2022.

I used the 18lb Wolff gun springs for the P220 serial numbers prior to 0219166. Wolff stock # 29718 pack of 10. be sure to get the right ones. It was a pain to remove and replace but it dropped the DA pull down a couple of pounds and I did not have any problems with light strikes on factory ammo.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
It is only 10lbs I would like it a bit lighter. (Obviously) No of course you did not see it in the manual. Thanks for ???
Regards
CB
I didn't think ten pounds was that heavy at all, and didn't know if you were having mechanical issues. I've never had trouble with DA pulls, and ten pounds is quite forgiving. I also didn't understand why you were stuffing a mag in the trigger guard, so I was joking around. Just leaving the pistol cocked would give the spring a set much quicker, but the springs from the factory typically are already broken in. If you absolutely need a lighter spring and don't mind giving up some ignition reliability, there are lighter springs available. I wouldn't do it for a duty/carry gun, because the factory rating gives you assured ignition if you ever encounter a hard primer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts