SIG Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Trigger Bar Spring came off randomly after 45 Rounds, with my P239 SAS .375 - Is this something someone else has run into? If so, why?
First, a warm welcome to SigTalk from South Florida.

Were you able to put it back? Is it a new gun? Is it possible that during cleaning it was not placed in the right notch ?

It has never happen to my P239 SAS Gen2.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I dont own one, but here's my 2 cents:

is it used? Maybe it wasnt on right to begin with. Its failure wont cause any danger at the range or during practice. Put it back and try again. If the failure persists, by a new spring. They are cheap. Obviously, dont carry it until the problem is resolved.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Trigger Bar Spring came off randomly after 45 Rounds, with my P239 SAS .375 - Is this something someone else has run into? If so, why?
When did they start making them in 375? I used to have a 375 Win in a Lever Action. Man, I bet that little sucker can kick? :p

Sorry, I could not resist. And I have contributed nothing to address the problem your having except to say, make sure the "pig-tail" end of the spring is not all the way in the hole in the frame/grip. Or in far enough.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I just got it used, The top of the spring goes in the notch of the lower part of the trigger bar I hope. Thank you for the reply.
Yes, The top of the spring would be the simple hook shape, rides in the notch on the rear most portion of the trigger bar and the other end on the frame is usually a complex curly sort a thing that has to twisted in there a certain way. I have seen some bad trigger bars with burrs in that spot, may be keeping the spring's hook from fully engaging.

ETA: I should point out however, that I don't own a P239, and I am only assuming it is similar to the rest of the P2xx line.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

SIG has bee known to ship a few pistols with a trigger bar spring that has the end that goes on the trigger bar not properly formed. The end that goes on the trigger bar should be shaped like a "U" with parallel sides. Once in the notch on the trigger bar, it shouldn't come out by itself. Those that do come out by themselves either don't have the correct "U" shape on the end or are displaced during reassembly.

Since the P239 does not have E2 grips, I doubt that reassembly is the problem.

Today only, you can order a trigger bar spring for the P239 for $4.95 with free shipping from Top Gun Supply. (Code JULY4) The only catch is that the minimum order is $49. They will ship tomorrow via priority mail. If you don't want other things from TGS, you pay for the priority mail.

Bill

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,041 Posts
BoyRiver17, don't know if this will have any bearing on your situation or not. If your SAS has the Short Reset Trigger kit, being an SAS, the Trigger Bar Spring may be a bit different, than the "normal" spring. I say this as the SRT kit for a P239 includes a replacement, where as the kits for other models do not! This may indicate a "minor" difference. I am going to try and track my OEM trigger bar spring, and shoot comparison photos.

Since you bought it used, the spring may have been replaced by the wrong one, which MAY be causing your problems.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,041 Posts
BoyRiver17, the picture that fjgiie posted is of the trigger bar spring for the OEM sear and safety lever.

Posted below, is the difference between the OEM, and SRT Trigger Bar Springs. Also is the SRT Trigger Bar Spring mounted.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.