SIG Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought this AR-10 and love it. It does everything I need for sure. The only gripe I can find with it is the trigger. Unfortunately, I’m not too versed in this. I prefer 2 stage triggers. Would a Gisselle SSA-E trigger fit with this one or would I need to get something else? I had one of those in my AR15 and it was flawless. Thanks for any guidance.

·
Registered
591 Posts
The Geissele will definitely fit. I have a mixture of SSAs and SSA-Es in my 516s, as well as my Centurion Arms DI rifles. Another option might be to install Sig's two stage "match-duo" trigger. It is what came with each of my MCX rifles, and it is a nice trigger. Now, not quite as nice as a Geissele, but nice enough that I am not changing them out. You can buy one of those for about half the price of a Geissele. If you want the absolute best, then go Geissele.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
SSA and SSA-E will fit but I'm another vote for the LaRue MBT. It's every bit as good as the SSA and comes in several configurations now, flat, curved, single and double stage. I have installed a dozen now and never an issue, big frame or AR-15, oldest one must be near three years old now with several thousand rounds, well over a thousand rounds in a 308AR. If you get one and don't like it contact me, I will buy it from you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Geissele will definitely fit. I have a mixture of SSAs and SSA-Es in my 516s, as well as my Centurion Arms DI rifles. Another option might be to install Sig's two stage "match-duo" trigger. It is what came with each of my MCX rifles, and it is a nice trigger. Now, not quite as nice as a Geissele, but nice enough that I am not changing them out. You can buy one of those for about half the price of a Geissele. If you want the absolute best, then go Geissele.
I have the sig 2 stage trigger in my m400. And I was thinking about putting it in the AR10 when it arrives, but I was looking on sigs web site and the 716i wasn’t in the list for models that trigger can be used for and I didn’t see any other triggers for the 716i made by sig. But it sounds like you can use them in either an AR15 or AR10? Thanks in advance for the clarification.

·
Registered
591 Posts
If you look at the "questions asked and answered" section of the listing for this trigger at the Sig Store online, you will find that Sig CS specifically states that this trigger will work in the 716i.

·
🎖USN Veteran
Sig P220, P226, P227, P228, P365XL, P365XL, M400 TREAD, 716i TREAD, 516 G2 Patrol, MPX K
1,742 Posts
If you look at the "questions asked and answered" section of the listing for this trigger at the Sig Store online, you will find that Sig CS specifically states that this trigger will work in the 716i.
Well, take everything you read in there with a grain of salt. When I was getting ready to buy MOD-X 45, I was tying to figure out the pistons to adapt for 9mm…so I read the CS questions. One explicitly said that they used the same SRD 9 piston and they would work and another - weeks apart - said they were different and the SRD wouldn’t work. 🙄

1 - 10 of 10 Posts