SIG Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
hopefully those that have done it will chime in here for you but Birchwood Casey makes a paint pen in several different finishes and I believe the satin black should work for you...

Bill

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there!!

Try Edding 4000 deco maker in matt black.

1st. Clean area with degreaser (alcohol is enough)
2ns. Aply Edding to area
3rd Let ir dry into minutes
4th. Enjoy!!

Regards

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
I've used the Casey pens, and it works for a while. But, it isn't nitron finish, so it will wear off and have to be touched again. Also, the sheen is slightly different, so it will still show up. Depending on how bad and what your inclination is- anal or just for maintenance- refinishing may be the only way to have it satisfactory again.

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
Hi there!!

Try Edding 4000 deco maker in matt black.

1st. Clean area with degreaser (alcohol is enough)
2ns. Aply Edding to area
3rd Let ir dry into minutes
4th. Enjoy!!

Regards
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
55,780 Posts
i hate to say it but you'll have to learn to live with the scratches you'll see.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Is there any way to touch up a scratch on the nitron finish tacops?
Where's the scratch? If it's on the slide, SIG will refinish it for you if it's bad enough that it really bothers you. They don't refinish frames or control levers, though, from what I understand.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
The pistol is ruined. Send it to me for disposal.

J/K. You can touch it up with a magic marker or a Birchwood Casey pen but I agree, it is not the same as the factory finish. If you intend for it to be a safe queen then a refinish may be your only option, but if it is a range or carry weapon, that won't be the last scratch it will get. Some say dings and scratches add character.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Agree. Scratches are beauty marks, signs of use. Your pistol gets 'em while you are using it. Let 'em wear these marks proudly. I like a new gun as much as anybody, but scratches and wear marks make it mine. I pride myself not in the most pristine gun, but in the one best maintained, best cared for, most ready for use.

Scratched finish, worn bluing are part of use. Rust, or careless damage, never.

I used to hunt with a bunch of guys who each fall awarded the Gucci award to the guy who tromped through the fields with the newest boots, the shiniest gun, brand new briar britches, newest hat, etc.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
No OP.

I put a couple scratches in the front of my 2022 slide when I filed the front sight to zero it.

Who Cares?

The darn gun is dead on nuts POA and I can't see the scratches when I focus on the front sight.

:)

ETA: Forgot the rest of the dings and dents in the above post.... LOL.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts