SIG Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my Signess has gotten TOTALLY out of hand. I was sitting on my couch minding my own business when my right hand clicked "Buy" on an X-5 Enhanced .40 Allround DA/SA on Gunbroker. Since I have to embezzle the money from myself in order to buy such an expensive weapon without my wife knowing (we have a don't ask, don't tell policy about my firearms purchases and her purse/shoe purchases), I had to buy it on layaway until I can come up with the rest of the funds. Now the wait begins....

·
Registered
21,626 Posts
Congratulations on you're new X-Five.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope your sex life recovers sooner than your bank account. ;)
Both will emerge unscathed. It is NOT the money, I have the $$. It is coming up with that sum of $$ WITHOUT her noticing. As long as new weapons can appear without her noticing the money being moved, I am golden. I can even break it out and oil it at the kitchen table if I choose to--and when she asks, I can say--"oh this old thing?" and be FINE. But if she notices me spending that sum, SHE will spend 2-3x that on her next purchase. Any time she asks, "Why do we need MORE guns?" I always reply, "Why do you NEED more shoes or purses?". That ends the conversation. I just have to "embezzle" the money (from myself) to make these type of purchases.

·
Premium Member
16,973 Posts
Ah. Open wallet system. Good luck with that... :p

Reactions: ma6907

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have not even scraped up quite enough to buy it with the included .40 barrel, yet! Also the mags are very difficult to find. Unclear to me if I can use 226 legion mags? I have a few of those.

·
Registered
21,626 Posts
One of my X-Fives is a fancy one . . . AllRound in .40 ;).

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Great gun, I have never seen one in person!

Good luck with the X5!

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok, so UPDATE. I completed the embezzlement (from myself) process and have paid it off. Now just waiting for it to ship. Then the tracking the package phase starts. Then the barrage of phone calls to the FFL. Then the background check. Then it is MINE.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Good luck with it.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
...further update. The "tracking the package" phase has begun. Very impressed by Osage County Guns. Communication excellent. Response time nearly immediate.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Tracking the package...

...is addicting.

I do it on most of the stuff I order....and...you can even do it if you order a car or truck.

I tracked my F-150 order through a range of stages while it was being built (order accepted, scheduled, scheduled to week, scheduled to day, in transit, etc.)

My favorite part was being able to track it while it was on the train from the Dearborn plant out to California.

Oddly, it went from Dearborn due west....then turned north to Chicago. I learned that most cargo going cross-country goes to a huge marshaling yard outside Chicago where long-distance trains are put together and then after that is was on its way West.

Northlight

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.