SIG Talk banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Congrats. Nice pistol. Good story.

I did something similar once. After my family and I sat down and ordered lunch at a local restaurant, I excused myself.
I walked 1 block away to take a look at something. Looking became signing, waiting, paying, and loading a Saint 5.56 in the trunk. Upon my return to the restaurant, my family was eating their lunch, and mine was still warm, waiting for me.
That is impressive. You have fast handwriting and obviously quick decision making!

In PA you can't get away with this stuff because for handguns there's an additional form.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well, today I was finally able to get to the range to try my new AXG Scorpion. I have fired many striker fired firearms including Glocks and some Sigs and never liked any of them. Today was different. I ran 150 rounds through it. This AXG is an amazing firearm. Very smooth and accurate. I shot it every bit as well as I do with my P229 Legion. If forced to choose I would still stick with my 229 as my EDC with the tie breaker being it’s long well established history as a rugged combat firearm. I would need to see some long term performance with the AXG to establish that it’s as rugged as the 226/229 hammer fired weapons. I love this AXG and it is going to be one of my favorite range guns.

A side from being able to fire my AXG for the first time, today was interesting. My range is my FFL and had received a new P229 .40 Nitron I had recently purchased. As we were doing the usual paperwork I noticed an employee walk over to the display case with a new Sig box. He opened the box and removed the gun to put on display. I immediately identified it as an AXG Classic. I asked how many they had and he said it was the only one they had received and it had arrived about 20 minutes ago. I bought it on the spot. Price was $1199 but after my discount I paid $1149.

3 new Sigs. A good week!

·
Registered
SIG P320 X-Carry 9mm Coyote & Black
79 Posts
A side from being able to fire my AXG for the first time, today was interesting. My range is my FFL and had received a new P229 .40 Nitron I had recently purchased. As we were doing the usual paperwork I noticed an employee walk over to the display case with a new Sig box. He opened the box and removed the gun to put on display. I immediately identified it as an AXG Classic. I asked how many they had and he said it was the only one they had received and it had arrived about 20 minutes ago. I bought it on the spot. Price was $1199 but after my discount I paid $1149.

3 new Sigs. A good week!
View attachment 402368
THAT is a great price. My range/LGS had one on display last night, but they are asking $1,400... For $1,199 / $1,149 I would have bought one on the spot too. However one of the other shops in my area is having a SIG SAUER Dealer day on June 5th. :) I'm hoping to get lucky.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
THAT is a great price. My range/LGS had one on display last night, but they are asking $1,400... For $1,199 / $1,149 I would have bought one on the spot too. However one of the other shops in my area is having a SIG SAUER Dealer day on June 5th. :) I'm hoping to get lucky.
I agree. Probably could have saved an extra $100 if I was to wait a year but its worth the extra $100 to me to be able to enjoy it now.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Very nice guns! Congrats.

I'm sooooo tempted by the AXG pistols. The only thing holding me back is the short compact barrels. I'd much prefer a full size version.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Well, today was the day. Dropped my wife off at the front entrance Nordstrom Rack and I was off to park the car. Just before parking, I made a quick 2 mile diversion to my LGS where my AXG Scorpion has been waiting. Was in and out within about 20 minutes with AXG in a hand and back at Nordstrom Rack before anyone even noticed I was gone.

After returning home I Immediately cracked the Sig case open and spent some time handling the new addition. Gave her a cleaning and hoping to get to the range in the next day or 2. Long time P226 and P229 guy so my first striker fired weapon. Initial impressions are that it feels very similar size and weight-wise to my 229s. It feels really good in hand. Will bring one of my P229s to do some side by side comparisons. Should be fun. I have fired Glocks and other Sig striker guns but never an AXG. Never liked the ones I had fired over the years. For those of you who like photos, see below.
View attachment 402125 View attachment 402125 View attachment 402126 View attachment 402127 View attachment 402128 View attachment 402128
Well, today was the day. Dropped my wife off at the front entrance Nordstrom Rack and I was off to park the car. Just before parking, I made a quick 2 mile diversion to my LGS where my AXG Scorpion has been waiting. Was in and out within about 20 minutes with AXG in a hand and back at Nordstrom Rack before anyone even noticed I was gone.

After returning home I Immediately cracked the Sig case open and spent some time handling the new addition. Gave her a cleaning and hoping to get to the range in the next day or 2. Long time P226 and P229 guy so my first striker fired weapon. Initial impressions are that it feels very similar size and weight-wise to my 229s. It feels really good in hand. Will bring one of my P229s to do some side by side comparisons. Should be fun. I have fired Glocks and other Sig striker guns but never an AXG. Never liked the ones I had fired over the years. For those of you who like photos, see below.
View attachment 402125 View attachment 402125 View attachment 402126 View attachment 402127 View attachment 402128 View attachment 402128
I picked mine up last Wednesday, can’t get out this Memorial weekend to shoot and it’s killing me.

·
Registered
392 Posts
So as an AXG Scorpion owner eyeing a Classic, I'd love to which one you like better if that's a realistic question.
The only difference between the two are the triggers... Scorpion has a flat trigger whereas the Classic has a curved trigger.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's cool, I've read where folks say a flat trigger is prone to feel lighter than a curved trigger. Both of those are exceptionally beautiful. That 3rd one has my interest also, as I naturally prefer hammer fired stuff myself. Thank you for sharing, and congratulations on scoring 2 AXGs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, today I was finally able to get to the range to try my new AXG Scorpion. I have fired many striker fired firearms including Glocks and some Sigs and never liked any of them. Today was different. I ran 150 rounds through it. This AXG is an amazing firearm. Very smooth and accurate. I shot it every bit as well as I do with my P229 Legion. If forced to choose I would still stick with my 229 as my EDC with the tie breaker being it’s long well established history as a rugged combat firearm. I would need to see some long term performance with the AXG to establish that it’s as rugged as the 226/229 hammer fired weapons. I love this AXG and it is going to be one of my favorite range guns.

3 new Sigs. A good week!
View attachment 402366 View attachment 402367 View attachment 402368 View attachment 402369 View attachment 402370
When comparing axg scorpion with axg classic, which one do you think is better?

·
Registered
209 Posts
When comparing axg scorpion with axg classic, which one do you think is better?
I know I am not the original post person but I also purchased the AXG Scorpion and the Classic!
I love them both but the Scorpion and it’s trigger is only 3.5 lbs! I shoot it just a tad petter!
I love them both and I think the Classic is a little more sexy but the Scorpion shoots a little better to me

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know I am not the original post person but I also purchased the AXG Scorpion and the Classic!
I love them both but the Scorpion and it’s trigger is only 3.5 lbs! I shoot it just a tad petter!
I love them both and I think the Classic is a little more sexy but the Scorpion shoots a little better to me View attachment 409451 View attachment 409452 View attachment 409453
Thank you. Nice result. Could you please post more pictures comparing scorpion with axg?

·
Registered
SIG P320 X-Carry 9mm Coyote & Black
79 Posts
I swapped trigger in my AXG Classic for the SIG Flat Trigger as I prefer it. I don't see how it would now be any different than shooting a Scorpion other than color. 🤷‍♂️

21 - 39 of 39 Posts