SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, today was the day. Dropped my wife off at the front entrance Nordstrom Rack and I was off to park the car. Just before parking, I made a quick 2 mile diversion to my LGS where my AXG Scorpion has been waiting. Was in and out within about 20 minutes with AXG in a hand and back at Nordstrom Rack before anyone even noticed I was gone.

After returning home I Immediately cracked the Sig case open and spent some time handling the new addition. Gave her a cleaning and hoping to get to the range in the next day or 2. Long time P226 and P229 guy so my first striker fired weapon. Initial impressions are that it feels very similar size and weight-wise to my 229s. It feels really good in hand. Will bring one of my P229s to do some side by side comparisons. Should be fun. I have fired Glocks and other Sig striker guns but never an AXG. Never liked the ones I had fired over the years. For those of you who like photos, see below.
BD1D499E-CE5D-4A35-A07D-DEBF7C8BC39E.jpeg
14346ABC-8042-4BB3-A6F0-305466A5CC5C.jpeg

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
12,050 Posts
Great choice. You won't be sorry. Congrats.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Well, today was the day. Dropped my wife off at the front entrance Nordstrom Rack and I was off to park the car. Just before parking, I made a quick 2 mile diversion to my LGS where my AXG Scorpion has been waiting. Was in and out within about 20 minutes with AXG in a hand and back at Nordstrom Rack before anyone even noticed I was gone.

After returning home I Immediately cracked the Sig case open and spent some time handling the new addition. Gave her a cleaning and hoping to get to the range in the next day or 2. Long time P226 and P229 guy so my first striker fired weapon. Initial impressions are that it feels very similar size and weight-wise to my 229s. It feels really good in hand. Will bring one of my P229s to do some side by side comparisons. Should be fun. I have fired Glocks and other Sig striker guns but never an AXG. Never liked the ones I had fired over the years. For those of you who like photos, see below.
View attachment 402125 View attachment 402125 View attachment 402126 View attachment 402127 View attachment 402128 View attachment 402128
Are those Legion base pads on the right side of the pic?

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
I think you'll find the P320 to be a very nice pistol in hand, and likely shoot it pretty accurately considering all the upgrades in the AXG as well as the better frame balance.

This compact does look to be very similar in size to a P229.

You'll get used to the striker fired action quickly. I prefer these without a manual safety. Get a proper fitting Kydex holster for it and you'll be good to go...

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Question - did the wife know where you were going? 😎

Congrats!
Here is my answer :

1) I told her I would park the car and see her inside.

2) I parked the car and saw her inside.

3) I was never asked if I performed any other tasks and I never told of any.

These are the facts and they are indisputable :)

·
Registered
943 Posts
Congrats. Nice pistol. Good story.

I did something similar once. After my family and I sat down and ordered lunch at a local restaurant, I excused myself.
I walked 1 block away to take a look at something. Looking became signing, waiting, paying, and loading a Saint 5.56 in the trunk. Upon my return to the restaurant, my family was eating their lunch, and mine was still warm, waiting for me.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Congrats. Nice pistol. Good story.

I did something similar once. After my family and I sat down and ordered lunch at a local restaurant, I excused myself.
I walked 1 block away to take a look at something. Looking became signing, waiting, paying, and loading a Saint 5.56 in the trunk. Upon my return to the restaurant, my family was eating their lunch, and mine was still warm, waiting for me.
Wow. Excusing yourself from a restaurant meal to pick up a new gun and making it back to your hot meal unscathed! Your a magician. Upon my return I would have been put through a brutal cross examination lol !

1 - 20 of 39 Posts