SIG Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After dinner, I made a visit to a LGS with an indoor range. This gun is very accurate. I shot 250 rounds of WWB, American Eagle, and Remington UMC. It ran flawlessly.

Since this is my first Sig and DA/SA gun, I started with DA then SA. Decocked and repeated. After a few magazines, I got better with the first DA shot.

As mentioned, this is my first Sig. My Glocks did not require much of a break in period. The mag release and de cocker are very tight. I imagine this is normal and both will get smoother the more I shoot and use the gun.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Congratulations on the new Legion! They are great pistols. Many, including myself with my two Legions, have noted that the slide release are tight right out of the box, but I can't recall any complaints about the mag release and decocking lever. Maybe compare it to another SIG to make sure there are no issues?

Enjoy the Legion, and keep practicing!

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Congratz.
Now, call Robert Burke, The Sig Armorer, and set up an appointment to have the carry level action job and a qtr.
That will reduce your single action pull to 3.5 pounds.
No creep, take up will be reduced by 50% i believe.
And you'll just be amazed at how well shoots after he gets done with her.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to all who replied.

Yesterday, I registered my Legion with Sig. Around 11 AM today, I received an email from a Sig customer service rep who is my contact at Sig for Legion questions, products, etc. I sent him an email asking about the mag release and de cocker. He said this was normal with Legion and would loosen up with some oil and/or more shooting. Since I shot last night, I decided to give it another cleaning. Just prior to packing everything up, I put a small drop of oil on my finger and rubbed it on one of the mags, inserted the mag, and pressed the release. The oil made a big difference. I imagine the de cocker will loosen as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts