SIG Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am needing some opinions on a holster for my p320. I'm a big guy (as in beer belly) so to speak. I was either considering a shoulder holster or a belly wrap . Anybody uses these ...

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I never tried a belly band but have used a shoulder holster when wearing a sport coat and don't want to risk an OWB being seen.

I typically use a IWB or OWB for my P320C.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not really worried about it being seen if it's by accident. texas now has open carry, but I will conceal mine as much as I can...

Reactions: Big Cape

·
Registered
388 Posts
most big guys, myself included, cannot use a typical shoulder holster. i'm not fat fat, but I am big. the question you have to ask yourself if whether you can swing your stubby little arm around your massive chest and draw that peashooter.

most shoulder rigs are a no-go for me. having said that, a benefit of being a big guy is that you can conceal a IWB or OWB holster pretty easily. I'm a huge fan (have I mentioned this?) of the Milt Sparks VMII.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I frequently use an Alessi body guard should rig for my P239SAS.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you dont mind having your weapon behind you, a 5:30 carry works well. It depends on your body of course but for most people there is an indentation there. It shouldn't affect your waistband size much and it tends to be reasonably comfortable.

The disadvantages are that is is behind you, and your shirt could pull up if you bend over.

I might actually swap to a left handed holster for my 5:30 carry. When you grab it, the palm of your hand would be facing away from your body. With a slight cant to the holster it would be even better.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I never liked IWB holsters (my waistband is already full, if you get my meaning) but I tried a Clinger Stingray and I really like it. Easy on, easy off, sits about 4:00.

Reactions: Big Cape
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.