SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have an X-Five on a standing order with my LGS but I evidently missed out on the first shipment.

I am 4 deep in 320's already, so while (viscerally) I want an X-Five I am rethinking my plan as it will be yet another P320 9mm. I say this because, since I have the carry/compact in 9, 357 and 45, I wanted to get just a 357 exchange kit. Additionally, I acquired a full size .40 barrel in a trade that wont fit in my RX slide.

So now I am thinking about killing that order and just waiting until I can find a full size 357 slide/exchange kit and getting that slide lightened similarly to the X-Five.

I have Gray Gun's triggers in all of my frames at this point. So, aside from the different frame....

Furthermore, if you saw my list of guns in the Classified section I am getting rid of a Beretta I recently built with a 357 barrel. I was doing this to off-set the purchase of the X-Five for the most part. I am now thinking about keeping that and building up a Full Size P320 from the spare fire group I have.

Here is the Beretta if you have not seen it. It is a bit unique.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
392 Posts
The primary reason I'm not buying the X-5 is because you can't buy a Romeo1 for it. Until then, I have no interest in one. Maybe I'm just spoiled, but I've fallen in love with the Romeo1 that came with my 320RX compact. I like it better than my ~$600 Trijicon RMR, and since the Sig has a proprietary red dot mount, I don't have any other choice.

·
Registered
639 Posts
The primary reason I'm not buying the X-5 is because you can't buy a Romeo1 for it. Until then, I have no interest in one. Maybe I'm just spoiled, but I've fallen in love with the Romeo1 that came with my 320RX compact. I like it better than my ~$600 Trijicon RMR, and since the Sig has a proprietary red dot mount, I don't have any other choice.
I am Very suprised they did not introduce an RX version of the X5. It seems like that would have been automatic..

·
Registered
392 Posts
I am Very suprised they did not introduce an RX version of the X5. It seems like that would have been automatic..
Me too. At first I was thinking it was to keep the price point down, but then I thought about all of the expensive steal frame Sig Sauers. It's seems stupid to sell a pistol with a proprietary mount but not ship it with the Romeo1.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
which x5 did you order??
The full size.

I think, being that I have the extra FCU, I am just going to build out the FS 357 I wanted. I can add all goodies to that build that I personally want and not have yet another 9mm.

·
Registered
763 Posts
So, I have an X-Five on a standing order with my LGS but I evidently missed out on the first shipment.

I am 4 deep in 320's already, so while (viscerally) I want an X-Five I am rethinking my plan as it will be yet another P320 9mm. I say this because, since I have the carry/compact in 9, 357 and 45, I wanted to get just a 357 exchange kit. Additionally, I acquired a full size .40 barrel in a trade that wont fit in my RX slide.

So now I am thinking about killing that order and just waiting until I can find a full size 357 slide/exchange kit and getting that slide lightened similarly to the X-Five.

I have Gray Gun's triggers in all of my frames at this point. So, aside from the different frame....
I'm kind of the opposite, I was thinking of having my RX slide milled for the lightening cuts, and now thinking maybe just put the extra $$$ into an X-five.

I am thinking about the X-five and swapping the Romeo from my RX for now, and then when Romeo 1's are available again make the RX whole again. I'm with you on liking the Romeo better than the Trijicon...although the Trijicon is a good sight.

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
392 Posts
I'm kind of the opposite, I was thinking of having my RX slide milled for the lightening cuts, and now thinking maybe just put the extra $$$ into an X-five.

I am thinking about the X-five and swapping the Romeo from my RX for now, and then when Romeo 1's are available again make the RX whole again. I'm with you on liking the Romeo better than the Trijicon...although the Trijicon is a good sight.
I thought about swapping mine as well, but then I keep thinking in the back of my head that I'm still waiting on my Walther PPQ M2 Q5 match to show up. It's been months since I put a $500 deposit down on one. Grr.
I'll need to spend another good chunk of money on a red dot for that pistol as well, so I don't mind waiting a few or several months to get the X-Five.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Sig may not have enough production capacity now to keep up with the demand for the complete pistols with the Romeo 1 let alone offer it as a stand alone item.

·
Registered
55,907 Posts
The full size.

I think, being that I have the extra FCU, I am just going to build out the FS 357 I wanted. I can add all goodies to that build that I personally want and not have yet another 9mm.
"full size", the 5" i guess!!

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So after thinking it over a bit I am going to build out my spare FCU into a version of the X-Five but in the caliber I really want Sig 357.

Plan will call for;
- FCU modified with flat Gray Guns PELT trigger
- Full Size Sig 357 X-Change kit slide to be milled with lightening slots
- Large full size grip module with custom stipple and Duracoat color coat
- Target sights - type TBD
- Mag well

Anything else I should consider doing to what I am calling the P320 RS (my initials, lol)?

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
I'm not much into the big guns like that...about as big as I want to go is a standard P226, but the Beretta is cool.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
I swear at SHOT that they specifically said it was ready made for the ROMEO1?

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
there's no "carry" x5, the short & smart has a 4.4" bbl & full 226 size frame.

it seems that you're using various 320 terms & the x5 interchangeably.
Yea, you are correct. I was thinking about the RX carry.

NVM

·
Registered
763 Posts
I was looking at my P320 RX and measuring and comparing to the vortex foot print...I have a left over shim. I don't feel like removing the Romeo and having to sight in again...but I am wondering if there is any info out there about other Reflex sights being used on an RX? Measurements seem to be that a Trijicon, or a vortex might work?

I don't see any info with a quick search.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I believe there IS a red dot X5? Comes with the Xbridge standard and a red dot. I don't think it is the Romeo though, but another brand. I cannot quote the model, though.

Edit--I thought of it. It is called the X5 Open. Comes with a sig branded Red Dot. There is also an X6 called the X6 PPC Open.

Edit of Edit--a search reveals what looks to be an Aimpoint Micro T1 red dot with Sig Branding as standard.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I swear at SHOT that they specifically said it was ready made for the ROMEO1?

Yeah, it is. The problem is in finding a Romeo 1 to put on in the first place!

You'll have better luck just buying an RX and taking the Romeo off of it to transplant it on to the X5.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts