SIG Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my P320CA & it came with two 17rd magazines (which are harder than heck to load the 17th round)... It's the P320 17+1 or 16+1? It's real tight loading the fully loaded mag into the pistol with the slide closed/round chambered... Is this normal?

·
Registered
22,206 Posts
:lol:

·
Registered
665 Posts
UpLula and 17+1

New mags are notoriously hard to load to full capacity. I have found that exercising the mag spring is the best way to "relax" it. I load new magazines to capacity (or -1 if I can't get the last one in), let them sit overnight, and then empty them the next morning. Repeat and unload an night. Reload again. Do this until the mag spring relaxes enough to make reloading to full capacity is not a test of strength.

The UpLula is is a must have for my arthritic hands.

·
Registered
69 Posts
+1000

you need to acquire an uplula. See pictures. It will make magazine loading easy even to full capacity. It is worth every penny it cost.

Yes, keep the magazines fully loaded and a round in the chamber.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I'm having the same issue with my p 226 mags... They're 15 round and I can only get In 13... Even with the speed loader.

That's ok.. At the range I prefer to shoot rounds of 10 so I'm ok with it..

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
If and that's is a BIG BOY Upula assisted, banging on a flat surface IF I get a 17th round in, then it will not feed it in.

So in essence - I have a 16 round mag unill it finally loosens up.

·
Registered
763 Posts
+1 on the Uplula

I also have to mention the Magcharger by Caldwell. The Uplula is faster and easier, but my wife has an issue with the Uplula still bothering her hand (not as quickly as nothing, but still gets to her). I saw the Magcharger advertised and got one for her to try, and she says it bothers her hands much less than the uplula. I find it takes twice as long to fill a Mag as the uplula, but still a fraction of loading with nothing.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
:DI can spend all the money on ammo I want, quickly enough, with the Uplula. Magazine reload speed is not really an issue.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I just picked up my P320CA & it came with two 17rd magazines (which are harder than heck to load the 17th round)... It's the P320 17+1 or 16+1? It's real tight loading the fully loaded mag into the pistol with the slide closed/round chambered... Is this normal?

i bought 2 italian made 17 round mags over the last 2 weeks. the first one only lets me put in 16....so i feel your pain.

i might hafta get an uplula and call it a day.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I had the same issue with my P938.. Could not get that 7th round in. After a couple months it definately got easier..

·
Registered
162 Posts

Normal and will go away with use. The springs will "loosen up" after several loading and unloading cycles. So go shoot that thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts