SIG Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a X-Compact and am running a R1P on it. The slide is the first version X-Compact so the rear sight was attached to the optic plate cover. I want to either have my slide milled for a rear dovetail slot so I can install a rear suppressor height sight to match a suppressor front sight or get the new X-Compact pro slide that has the rear dovetail already cut. Sig sells the slide I am referring to for 299 dollars. I'm just not sure if that is gonna be the most cost effective option. I have the X-Full and it came with the rear sight dovetail and suppressor sights, so I want my X-Compact to match for continuity when carrying.

Does anyone have a good shop they would recommend to cut the dovetail and about what that might cost? Or does anyone have experience in trying to do what I am and can share some wisdom?

Link to the sig slide:
https://www.sigsauer.com/store/xseries-optic-ready-slide-assembly-black-nitronr-3-6.html

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Robert Burke/The Sig Armorer.
L&M Precision Gunworks.
Primary Machine.
Parker Mountain Machine.
ATEi.
Jagerwerx.
Maple Leaf firearms.

Reactions: Mjolnir

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
That's a small area behind where the slide has been milled for the Red Dot..
Is it enough area to mill for a dovetail Iron sight and also fit behind the Red Dot.

You could easily get $300.00 for your X-Compact Slide..
Maybe it would be best to Purchase the PRO Slide.

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
If I were you, I’ll just buy a front suppressor height sight and use the slot at the rear of the R1Pro. You can buy the sight from Dawson and it’ll save you some money towards ammo.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
If I were you, I’ll just buy a front suppressor height sight and use the slot at the rear of the R1Pro. You can buy the sight from Dawson and it’ll save you some money towards ammo.
This ^^^
I do believe that the slide material needed for a dovetail has been milled off of your slide.
One of the drawbacks of the SIG integral cover plate/sight "idea".
The other is the internal screws to hold said cover plate on.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Switching to a different optic is not an option because I already have the R1P for both my X-Full and X-Compact. I will look into seeing if any of the listed shops will mill the slide, if not, I guess it will be buying a new slide from Sig and selling my current one. Also not interested in just doing the front sight and using the R1P as the rear, want to keep both pistols setup the same.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ended up calling Sig and they cut me a hell of a deal on the new slide and a set of suppressor X-ray3 sights with a new barrel and RSA. Got my original complete slide, barrel, RSA and new standard height X-ray3 sights coming on the new slide sold for 425. I'll take the deal.

·
Registered
271 Posts
You should have just purchased a DPP then added on Dawson’s DPP sights for the M17 cut. They tap into the dovetail from the DPP. Great setup with poor marketing on Dawson’s part.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You should have just purchased a DPP then added on Dawson’s DPP sights for the M17 cut. They tap into the dovetail from the DPP. Great setup with poor marketing on Dawson’s part.
As already stated, I already had the 2 R1P's and was not going to switch optics. I am very happy with how both of My R1P's function. The new slide and sights should be in today and I'll have the chance to put the sights on this coming Tuesday. I'll update afterwards with some photos.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts