SIG Talk banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I think a blue gun is classy.

Just a side note, the radiation will eventually sap your strength for a while. At first, it seems like no big deal. But slowly the fatigue starts to build. The fatigue will continue to build until about a month AFTER the treatments are done.

Yes, you will get through it, be sure to be kind to yourself. On the one hand, push yourself, but pay attention to your energy levels and remember that you can run the tank dry really easy. Getting the tank "refilled" is a slow, hard process.
You are spot on. I'm sleeping about 10 hrs a night now and it's beginning to take it's toll. I'm catching a 4 day break over the Thanksgiving holiday and I'm really thankful for that breather.
Thanks for the heads up, plans for the triathlon are going back up on the shelf....for a while.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I didn't know there was a ribbon for this. But it's good that you caught it early. Caught mine early, too, had the IMRT back in the summer of '18. Had opted for the proton beam therapy, but MD Anderson was leery of using it because I have a pacemaker. I was 71 when I my PSA jumped up. The biopsy confirmed it. VA presumes it to be connected to Agent Orange exposure in 'Nam. Good advice for everyone to get regular checkups.
I didn't know about the ribbon until earlier today. I knew they have a ribbon for everything nowadays. I'm glad it's blue and not puke color.
Good luck on your battle.

Registered
.357 sig
I found my cancer early through routine yearly screening.

My PSA level came in abnormally high and that got the testing started.

Any man who lives long enough is going to have prostate problems.

So, if you need a reminder? Go get checked. Nobody likes that rubber glove....
At 52 I鈥檝e just chosen a primary care physician鈥 I used to joke that my dermatologist was my primary because that was the only doc I鈥檝e needed for many years. Labs came back mostly normal but with elevated cholesterol. Doc says eat healthy and drop a few pounds and retest in 6 months. Colonoscopy coming up in 3 weeks. 鈽

Registered
.357 sig
You don't want the blues! I think best to go with all stainless or at the very least a nickel P229. That way it'll sparkle and shine in the light at the end of the tunnel. That and you won't be ashamed to be seen with it in public. :)

Congrats on your progress with the cancer treatment. Not easy coming face to face with one's mortality. I'm working to stabilize and heal heart damage, thinking it's from the untested Moderna vaccine.

View attachment 489562

Bumper, my heart damage is caused by you posting that 229S!
Good luck with your health and healing, hopefully it isn鈥檛 due to Moderna, that will be extremely far reaching if that鈥檚 true.

Registered
You are spot on. I'm sleeping about 10 hrs a night now and it's beginning to take it's toll. I'm catching a 4 day break over the Thanksgiving holiday and I'm really thankful for that breather.
Thanks for the heads up, plans for the triathlon are going back up on the shelf....for a while.
Naps....naps are a wonderful thing.

Keep your protein intake up. Boost, Ensure, I like the Fairlife chocolate the best. Mix a little ice cream in if it helps.

Diagnosed with Stage IIIa non- small cell Lung Cancer back in Oct 2013. (Never smoked). Lung surgery, followed by concurrent chemo and radiation for 5 weeks, ( over Thanksgiving and Christmas). Cancer spread again the following six months to stage IV. They figured I had about 2 years.

Been on all kinds of meds, surgeries, a few hospital stays and getting immunotherapy infusion every 3 weeks for the past 4+ years. Still alive due to God's grace.... current immunotherapy wasn't supposed to work, it was a Hail Mary pass.....got infusion #89 last week.

You've got to be careful about burning too much energy and running your gas tank dry....it's absolutely NO fun. You'd think I'd learn 馃榿.....we have a small ranch and I get involved in some project and still try to push through it..... recovery from the empty tank is brutal.
Cloud Sky Snow Mountain Slope

Registered
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
At 52 I鈥檝e just chosen a primary care physician鈥 I used to joke that my dermatologist was my primary because that was the only doc I鈥檝e needed for many years. Labs came back mostly normal but with elevated cholesterol. Doc says eat healthy and drop a few pounds and retest in 6 months. Colonoscopy coming up in 3 weeks. 鈽
Wading in face first takes courage but it's the only way. Good luck to you.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
First, let me say, you are in my prayers. Second thank God for modern medicine. Third, just wear a ribbon鈥.because after you beat the cancer, I don鈥檛 want you to shoot yourself after looking at what you done to that pistol.
Seriously, be well and enjoy your family this holiday season.
Thanks. I will be finished in early December so it will be a time for us to gather. I hear ya on the ribbon too.

Registered
Is that a real sig? Seems odd where the safety is located

Reactions: hauki

Registered
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
Naps....naps are a wonderful thing.

Keep your protein intake up. Boost, Ensure, I like the Fairlife chocolate the best. Mix a little ice cream in if it helps.

Diagnosed with Stage IIIa non- small cell Lung Cancer back in Oct 2013. (Never smoked). Lung surgery, followed by concurrent chemo and radiation for 5 weeks, ( over Thanksgiving and Christmas). Cancer spread again the following six months to stage IV. They figured I had about 2 years.

Been on all kinds of meds, surgeries, a few hospital stays and getting immunotherapy infusion every 3 weeks for the past 4+ years. Still alive due to God's grace.... current immunotherapy wasn't supposed to work, it was a Hail Mary pass.....got infusion #89 last week.

You've got to be careful about burning too much energy and running your gas tank dry....it's absolutely NO fun. You'd think I'd learn 馃榿.....we have a small ranch and I get involved in some project and still try to push through it..... recovery from the empty tank is brutal. View attachment 489640
You're fighting bravely. I'll keep you in my prayers. Good advice on protein too. Thanks for your encouragement.

Registered
Bumper, my heart damage is caused by you posting that 229S!
Good luck with your health and healing, hopefully it isn鈥檛 due to Moderna, that will be extremely far reaching if that鈥檚 true.
Heard on Fox News it apparently is true for some younger men in a study, not a majority of them, but enough to cause an alert. At 77 I'm not in any group with the word "young", though the timing matches up. And if the vaccine caused heart damage to a group of young men?? I have no other things that would be a reason for the damage, active, BMI of 23, no family history, no plaque build up, etc. etc. and I am not aware of of having had a heart attack, although the damage is obviously there. My cardiologist said they've seen an increase in otherwise healthy people . . . of course no proof, for whatever good that would do. I'm sorry I succumbed to the pressure to get the shots if it came to this.

Premium Member
I didn't know there was a ribbon for this. But it's good that you caught it early. Caught mine early, too, had the IMRT back in the summer of '18. Had opted for the proton beam therapy, but MD Anderson was leery of using it because I have a pacemaker. I was 71 when I my PSA jumped up. The biopsy confirmed it. VA presumes it to be connected to Agent Orange exposure in 'Nam. Good advice for everyone to get regular checkups.
Actually there is a ribbon for PC, blue, all the 'Doc's' display them in the IMRT wing. I was diagnosed in 2013 and chose IMRT wisely. See ur DFC avatar. My Dana Farber Oncologist scheduled a meet with my new IMRT doctor, she said I think you're really going to like him. My new doctor walked him and I immediately noticed he was Vietnamese. He shook my hand profusely and said "I'm here because of the bravery of your Helicopter crews. My mother and her sister, then ages 12 and 10 stepped on a landmine and were critically injured. A helicopter swooped in to pick then up and take them to the 3rd Field Hospital in Saigon and I'm here today because of you". I had a hard time reaching for words I was so stunned. Eight years cancer free.

Premium Member
Not the right shade of blue, but this one is factory.

That is nice!

Premium Member
Hang in there! My PSA jumped into the mid teens. My oncologist at UC Health suggested the HoLEP procedure, I鈥檓 happy and it took a while to stop the dribbles, but I鈥檓 happy with how things turned out. The photo is of my Cancer KillBox from my friend D at Steel Flame.

White Revolver Everyday carry Gun barrel Gun accessory

21 - 40 of 51 Posts