SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, me too.
I've done 25 of my 39 radiation treatments to beat prostate cancer.

I'm going to build a light blue pistol because light blue is the color for the ribbon, only I don't wear ribbons.

It could be worse. Light blue ain't bad.

Any ideas?
I'm liking that little Kimber Bel Air.
Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Air gun Electric blue

Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Air gun Machine

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found my cancer early through routine yearly screening.

My PSA level came in abnormally high and that got the testing started.

Any man who lives long enough is going to have prostate problems.

So, if you need a reminder? Go get checked. Nobody likes that rubber glove....

·
Registered
9,040 Posts
You don't want the blues! I think best to go with all stainless or at the very least a nickel P229. That way it'll sparkle and shine in the light at the end of the tunnel. That and you won't be ashamed to be seen with it in public. :)

Congrats on your progress with the cancer treatment. Not easy coming face to face with one's mortality. I'm working to stabilize and heal heart damage, thinking it's from the untested Moderna vaccine.

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Recreation

·
Premium Member
21,852 Posts
Not the right shade of blue, but this one is factory.

·
🎖USAF Retired
5,331 Posts
FYI, that Kimber is Tiffany blue. My wife is a Tiffany fan so I know what to buy her based on the color of the packaging. She buys me tools that are yellow and black (Dewalt). :ROFLMAO:

Here’s a police gun I refurbed. The all Blue is a 40, then I got the Mk25 slide cheap and have it for 9mm. I really like the way it looks in the black and blue. The grips are Houge gray tan black checked. The Blue is a cerakote.
Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FYI, that Kimber is Tiffany blue. My wife is a Tiffany fan so I know what to buy her based on the color of the packaging. She buys me tools that are yellow and black (Dewalt). :ROFLMAO:

Here’s a police gun I refurbed. The all Blue is a 40, then I got the Mk25 slide cheap and have it for 9mm. I really like the way it looks in the black and blue. The grips are Houge gray tan black checked.
View attachment 489575
View attachment 489574
That looks good.
Blue is a difficult color to get right but you nailed it on that one.

·
Registered
17,240 Posts

Good Luck> My doctor quit checking Me at 75. I've had two prostate operations. I guess They think once You reach 75 You've lived enough because it supposed to be a slow spreading Cancer,

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good Luck> My doctor quit checking Me at 75. I've had two prostate operations. I guess They think once You reach 75 You've lived enough because it supposed to be a slow spreading Cancer,
Yep, I heard the same spiel but I'm 69. Active monitoring was offered but I wanted to be more aggressive. It is slow and I caught it early.
Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not the right shade of blue, but this one is factory.

Whew, that one looks almost like Blue Rainbow. I've never seen one like that

·
🎖USAF Retired
903 Posts

Went through the same process last year, opted for surgery over chemo (wasn't eligible for monitoring or radiation). It's been one year now (surgery was Nov 8, 2021), I moved from quarterly follow-ups to trimester follow-ups. If I make it through the next year without relapse, I'll go to bi-annual checks. It takes three consecutive years to be considered "cured."

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Went through the same process last year, opted for surgery over chemo (wasn't eligible for monitoring or radiation). It's been one year now (surgery was Nov 8, 2021), I moved from quarterly follow-ups to trimester follow-ups. If I make it through the next year without relapse, I'll go to bi-annual checks. It takes three consecutive years to be considered "cured."
That's great news oldrider!
Congratulations. With the odds being what they are, I knew there would be some other guys that had gone through this.

I have three sons and my diagnosis raised their odds too.
I'm going to be on em like ugly to get their testing done every year.....hell, even if it takes giving them each a blue pistol. 💙

Hoping for your cure too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That's great news oldrider!
Congratulations. With the odds being what they are, I knew there would be some other guys that had gone through this.

I have three sons and my diagnosis raised their odds too.
I'm going to be on em like ugly to get their testing done every year.....hell, even if it takes giving them each a blue pistol. 💙

Hoping for your cure too.
I think a blue gun is classy.

Just a side note, the radiation will eventually sap your strength for a while. At first, it seems like no big deal. But slowly the fatigue starts to build. The fatigue will continue to build until about a month AFTER the treatments are done.

Yes, you will get through it, be sure to be kind to yourself. On the one hand, push yourself, but pay attention to your energy levels and remember that you can run the tank dry really easy. Getting the tank "refilled" is a slow, hard process.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah, me too.
I've done 25 of my 39 radiation treatments to beat prostate cancer.

I'm going to build a light blue pistol because light blue is the color for the ribbon, only I don't wear ribbons.

It could be worse. Light blue ain't bad.

Any ideas?
I'm liking that little Kimber Bel Air.
I didn't know there was a ribbon for this. But it's good that you caught it early. Caught mine early, too, had the IMRT back in the summer of '18. Had opted for the proton beam therapy, but MD Anderson was leery of using it because I have a pacemaker. I was 71 when I my PSA jumped up. The biopsy confirmed it. VA presumes it to be connected to Agent Orange exposure in 'Nam. Good advice for everyone to get regular checkups.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts