SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the NRA show today I asked Tim Butler about providing parts for X five enhanced. He said they will have the classic, tactical and super match available to consumers beginning November/December along with all accessories and replacement parts. Priority on 9mm chambers followed by 40. Didn't sound like any of the fancier German models would be available such as the skeleton.

·
Registered
355 Posts
In confused. Is now the time to buy or sell a German X5? Maybe I'll watch the P210 legend prices as the release the US legend for hints.
Your not the only one, i'm hoping the release of US versions will bring the price of German versions down slightly by their being a supply.

Purists will I am sure keep the German versions desirable BUT how much price will be affected is anyones guess.

Your idea on Legend prices is a good one..;)

·
Registered
740 Posts
In confused. Is now the time to buy or sell a German X5? Maybe I'll watch the P210 legend prices as the release the US legend for hints.
Not as a direct correlation as significant differences do exist, but any opinions or evaluations on how the release of the P225-A1 has affected the prices/collectibility of the original P225?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Great news for parts/accessories, but the real question for complete guns remains how it will compare to the German version in quality, fit, finish, and price. From pre-release reports it sounds like the P210 is nice for the $ but not up to it's German/Swiss counterparts, nor should it be for half the price. Hopefully they don't do the same to the X-series.

I doubt the P210 US version will impact German P210 prices much, if might even drive them higher because the US version is hardly an equivalent replacement so anyone hoping to get something as good as the German P210's for less $ knows that is never going to happen now. Now it might still be a great seller because of it's price point but anyone willing to spend $3000+ on a P210, is not going to be fooled into thinking the $1200 redesigned US version is equivalent.

The X-series will be the same way, if they just become a new style of the P226 SAO, and the fit/finish/trigger/accuracy etc. does not live up to the German guns, if anything prices will go even higher on German models. The only way they will drive prices down is if they offer the same level of X-series quality for MSRP or the street price of MSRP, and put enough on the market to satisfy demand. Again anyone willing to dump $3000-$6000+ on a X-series is not going to be fooled that something subpar is equivalent.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.