SIG Talk banner

Threaded Barrel for Sig Legion?

14414 8
I was thinking about getting the Mk25 threaded barrel for my P226, but it would require me switching out the sights for suppressor height sights.

Anyone swapped out for a threaded barrel?

Any suggestions on suppressor height sights for the Legion?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
523 Posts
Not sure why....

...switching to a threaded barrel would require suppressor height sights...

Maybe one of the other members has a thought.

From what I understand, there is only one suppressor sight height available from Sig.

The ones on my P227 Tactical have a #6 on the base of the front sight....but, of course, it's much taller than a "normal" #6....confusing to say the least. The rear sight has no number on it.

When the big Osprey suppressor is on, at least you can see over it!

Northlight

· Premium Member
1,173 Posts
I picked up a Silencerco threaded barrel for my P226 Legion for the thread pattern (I have another pistol with 1/2 x 28 pattern) and the price. I paid $140 online, when KY Gun Company had a sale. I do not plan on changing the sights even when I get a 9mm suppressor.

· Registered
607 Posts
I have the Sig P229 Legion. It uses the 229-1 design barrel, not the older 229 (no -1) design. I bought and have used the 229-1 threaded barrel on it with a Silencerco Osprey suppressor and it works fine. I would think the Sig 226 threaded barrel would work fine as well.

You would need tall-suppressor sights, although you certainly can shoot without them and be fairly accurate once you are used to it. Even with the offset design of the Osprey, it still blocks out the sights on the P229.

I do also have a P225A-1 that I bought WITH tall suppressor sights on it already and that works perfectly. I am pretty sure Sig only sells the one set of tall sights. No options for height, but there may be other aftermarket suppliers that do. I never really researched it.

If you did use the Sig suppressor sights, it may just change your sight picture when you aim. Your decision.

· Premium Member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No reason a barrel change requires a sight change unless it shoots a different point of impact, which if you go with a SIG barrel it shouldn't.
Correct, the barrel wouldn't, but the suppressor on the end of the barrel would. :)

· Premium Member
18,477 Posts
I would recommend you give it a try with the suppressor and your current sights prior to doing anything. I am not suggesting here that you are somehow going to develop xray vision overnight, but you just may be surprised that you can get a fine target picture with standard height sights, even though the line of sight is obstructed by the suppressor.

· Registered
607 Posts
I would recommend you give it a try with the suppressor and your current sights prior to doing anything. I am not suggesting here that you are somehow going to develop xray vision overnight, but you just may be surprised that you can get a fine target picture with standard height sights, even though the line of sight is obstructed by the suppressor.
Agreed. I shot much better with the 229 and the suppressor than I expected using the standard sights. I could see the sights but could not see the target beyond the front sight due to the supressor. You do get used to it and can shoot fairly well. From trying it, I do not need to changes the sights on the Legion 229. If I really want to go for accuracy, the P225A1 with the tall sights is fine to shoot. At 15 yards we are talking the difference between a 4" grouping being unable to see the target versus a 2" grouping using the taller suppressor sights. For normal range work, it really does not matter. Fun either way and still quieter.

· Registered
590 Posts
Getting in the "way back machine" for this one...

Anyone know which threaded barrel will give me the LEAST amount of problems going inyo my new P220 Legion:

1) Sig's own P220 .45ACP threaded barrel
or.
2) Sig's own P220 .45ACP chrome/phosphate threaded barrel

Heard of some possible fitment issues with the above, as well as some factory over-coating of the ch/phos barrel. Thanks in advance!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.