SIG Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've recently bought the Sig P226 Tacops with a threade barrel. Afte going to the range and just carrying the pistol with me I've noticed the thread protector comes loose fairly easily. After researching the issue I've tried a couple of solutions that just turned out to be temporary fixes. I've tried putting an O-ring on the barrel and it held for the session I fired it with but when I went to remove the tread protector to clean it it had melted the O-ring and it fell apart. Next I tried some teflon tape for pipe joints and that held for a bit but never seemed to secure it enough. I've looked into washers that are supposedly acceptable for this issue but have no idea where I could pick one up at. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought about that. I work in a pipe plant so no shortage there but I was hoping not to have to go that route if I can avoid it. :(

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
did you try Viton O-Rings??? (I believe that's the name)...I had read that this is the ones you want so they don't melt...I haven't tried it for the threads on my FNP 45 Tactical threaded barrel but these should work for you...I also have heard they re available at Home Depot and similar stores...

Bill

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you send me a link to order some? I just used one of the o-rings we stock here at my plant and it only held up for about 40 rounds before it started melting on me:(

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Loctite MAY not work. The trick to break away anything that has been locktighted is to heat it a bit. No harm in trying it though. Just .my 1 cent, Ya'll know where the other went.

·
Registered
55,111 Posts
Can you send me a link to order some? I just used one of the o-rings we stock here at my plant and it only held up for about 40 rounds before it started melting on me:(
can't you take it off before shooting?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
click on the Viton O-Ring in my post...it is the link...

Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts