SIG Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for all you guys who have wooden pistol grips. I love the look of the Sig rosewood grips and want to add them to my p226 mk 25. On the other hand I love the feel of my standard p226 grips.

What's the difference in feel between the two? The standard grips look to have more rough surface than the wood. Do these rosewood grips make much difference in feel of the gun when shooting? Feel is a bit more important than looks to me so I want to be somewhat sure before I spend the cash.

Thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
18,330 Posts
Yup, they sure look beautiful. Get your hands even slightly moist, however, and you will find yourself holding (or at least attempting) the proverbial greased pig. For wood grips, I would much rather have the offerings of Grips4U, Roco or Nill.

·
Registered
913 Posts
The rosewood grips are also thicker. I prefer gips4u...thinner profile and not as slick.

·
Registered
15,897 Posts
I do not have any problems with the Diamondwood Grips on My P 938,
but I do not think it is real wood. My Cousin's Son has Rosewood Grips on His P 938
and has no problems. They look like real wood to Me.

My Gripe is, Sig seems to use the same Grips on the DAK Models of the Pistol
as They do with the Non-DAK models.

Take a look at the P 239 DAK Grips vs the ones on the Regular. The DAK Grips Still
have the Carve out for the Decocker.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Ive had Rosewood, went to Nill, but gradually have figured out aluminum is the best feeling and best grip/ IMHO.

Reactions: Mickey

·
Registered
517 Posts
I love checkered rosewood grips on my P226 for their look and heft, but my wife has a problem with the latter. No real issues with them getting slick, but this is NE, not FL or AL. I would not buy polished grips, however.

If you really like wood grips, but have an issue with the grips getting sweaty, get yourself thin and grippy shooting gloves from ebay like those Men Military Tactical Airsoft Shooting Hunting Full Finger Gloves 3 Size | eBay ($3.04, incl. S&H...)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Hogue rubber finger groove grips are the way to go. Very comfortable. I have an Equinox with the blackwood(?) grips, they look fantastic, but I will be replacing them.

·
Premium Member
37,710 Posts
I also have an Equinox and sold the blackwood grips. I really liked the look, but 226 and 229s I need a smaller grip. G10s or aluminums for me.
My Equinox sports G10 pirahnas now.

·
Registered
615 Posts
In my opinion, wood is for pretty range guns. For service/defense weapons, the more traction, the better. My p229 wears Hogue Piranha G10, for example.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys I appreciate the replies. I think I'm gonna stick with the stock grips for now. I plan on shooting a goog bit so sounds like it's the best way to go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts