SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Anyone ever used Fiocchi brand ammunition? I have a 9mm and I found a place that has 115 grain pretty cheap. I don't know anything about the brand so I am hesitant to spend money on it or wait for Federal/Winchester/Remington to pop up.

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks folks. It was Midway USA, they had it up for $12.99 for 50 rounds of 115 grain 9mm. Unfortunately it went quick and I didn't get any, but now we know for next time. I see a lot of Aguila and Blazer up there as well (gunbot) but I don't know anything about those brands either. Are there certain known brands to stay away from?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I scooped up 6 boxes of it from Midway—first chunk of decent priced ammo I have been able to buy in weeks. Got to act ridiculously fast when you find it, or it will be gone in minutes. It's been really good ammo for me, though my FIL's XDm .40 didn't like it much at all. I have read good things about all of their ammo but the .40 Shooting Dynamics. Must be an odd dimension or something.

I would buy it over and over again at the price Midway just was selling it for ($12.99 for 50). Excellent product from my limited experience with it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
BTW, GunBot has been useless lately, except for identifying the retailers that are marking up their products. Most things that hit GunBot have been out of stock before you can get to the website.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BTW, GunBot has been useless lately, except for identifying the retailers that are marking up their products. Most things that hit GunBot have been out of stock before you can get to the website.
Oh so it's not just me? :D So annoying to see an awesome deal and then click the link to see that it's out of stock. I work at home fulltime and am in front of the computer all day, so I found it hard to believe that once I hear a ding, hit the link, and check the site all in a matter of three seconds that all of the ammo was sold...

Oi.

·
Premium Member
18,466 Posts
I have used their ammo in several different calibers and configurations (FMJ, JHP, etc.) I have had good results with it and will never hesitate to purchase or use their products in any of my firearms. Good stuff at generally reasonable prices!

sent from my rotary dial phone using tapatalk2

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have found a handful of other sites that offer similar alerts, as well as alerts from the retailers, themselves. Have an account with the major sellers, stay logged in or at least save your log-in info, and know what you want before it comes up. A lot of Wolf, reloads, steel or aluminum cased ammo or stuff that I just don't want to buy comes up a lot. You have to know what you are wanting so that when it does come up, you can pounce.

There has been a LOT coming up from Cabela's lately, which won't sell to me because of my Illinois address, and it has been frustrating. There are plenty of retailers that already have my FOID info on file and will ship to me without trouble, like MidwayUSA, who I have found to be great.

Set your price limit, and wait. There is stuff out there to buy, and you don't have to wait in front of a closed Walmart to get it, too.

·
Registered
466 Posts
As the cheaper ammo goes, it is one of the better available. It is dirty (like most cheap ammo) but it is one of the best in that price range for going bang every time.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
I like FIocchi, both for pistol and shot gun. When I was active in LE, the state provided us with it for shot gun practice.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Fiocchi, S&B and American Eagle seem to be the hottest range ammo to me, Fiocchi being the hottest of the three in my experience. It tends to be a little dirtier than other ammo, but who cares? You are cleaning your gun regardless of if you shoot "clean" or "dirty" ammo, so it's really a non-issue. And if you aren't cleaning your gun, then you deserve anything bad that happens as a result. Ha!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've ran Fiocchi 9mm, perfectly fine in my Glock 19 & Springfield XDM. Zero problems whatsoever.

I have some chambered in .380 on the way from Cabelas - hopefully my p298 will love them equally as well...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks folks. It was Midway USA, they had it up for $12.99 for 50 rounds of 115 grain 9mm. Unfortunately it went quick and I didn't get any, but now we know for next time. I see a lot of Aguila and Blazer up there as well (gunbot) but I don't know anything about those brands either. Are there certain known brands to stay away from?
Aguila is a company that makes very good ammo; and Blazer is a type of ammo made by the company CCI also very good. Problem is you don't know if your gun will like them so;; do you buy one box to find out; only to find your gun loves them and the company is sold out of them. Good luck:eek:

·
Registered
88 Posts
It's seems a little stouter than most practice ammo, but it performs well. I have got some of their Eco friendly 45 cap that had small pistol primers. Not a problem just keep the brass separate.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.