SIG Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sig sent me an #8 front sight for my P320 compact (took awhile) after looking at the data I sent (Picts etc).
I ordered a universal pusher from Amazon last week. Both items came in yesterday. This morning I followed the directions closely (not hard) and carefully aligned the slide in the frame. First few turns seemed a little hard so I rechecked the alignment - it was off just a hair. Adjusted it and the sight slid right off. Since I already had the slide aligned I reversed the pusher head and hand started the new sight in place. It pushed the new sight right in without any problems. I measured the old sight and the replacement earlier and they matched so no file work was required. I eyeballed the center and my calipers measured the same on both side of the slide so I'm positive the sight is centered on the slide.
Used my old business card on the slide to protect the finish. Not a mark on the slide or sight.
Took my time. Took 15 minutes start to finish. First timer.

image.jpeg

Not sure if I saved any money but I can play with the sights without leaving home now. Hopefully the new sight will correct the vertical issue I was having. I'm :D

·
Registered
55,915 Posts
it'll be interesting to see if poi changes, i'd bet it won't.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I have that same sight pusher, and it worked great on other guns. I haven't had the cause to use it with a P320 yet.

I had zero marks from changing the sights. I used a cut up credit card as they recommend and it did the trick.

Reactions: Lane73

·
Registered
511 Posts
I've borrowed a friend's sight pusher (same one)... very well built and easy to use, but as mentioned earlier you need to protect your slide from scratches (use cardboard or credit card pieces, etc.). Also, it will not work on thicker/taller slides... I barely got my VP9 slide in and there was absolutely no way my VP40 slide was going to fit!

The only pusher I have is the MGW sight pusher for Glocks which is awesome... for Glocks! The MGW universal tool is nice, but way too expensive for my tastes at $250-$300+...

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have the same tool. Works well..... As far as using the credit card etc. (to keep the slide from getting scratched), I have been using foam sheets (feel like rubber) found at Wally World in the crafts dept. It comes in approx. 9" x 12" sheets. approx. 1/8" thick. I can cut it to size and it helps with grip while in the sight tool. I usually put 2 pieces together for each side. I use the white so it contrasts and I can see positioning and mating surfaces. The foam pieces have held up for a little while now, but then again, I have enough left for 20-30 pieces. The sheets were .33 cents each. I will get a picture of it this weekend and post.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have that same sight pusher, and it worked great on other guns. I haven't had the cause to use it with a P320 yet.

I had zero marks from changing the sights. I used a cut up credit card as they recommend and it did the trick.
That's a win-win situation....cutting up your active credit card for a few months.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the same sight pusher. I've used it on 2 P320's without a problem. I wrap the slide with a piece of chamois cloth before I clamp it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it'll be interesting to see if poi changes, i'd bet it won't.
Curious - why do you say that? I haven't tried shooting yet. No time and weather is lousy so that remains to be seen.
I expect horizontal to change (original factory front sight wasn't centered on slide and gun shot to the right).
Gun came with #6 front sight - Sig looked at my target groups and said they I needed a #8.
I know there are a lot of different factors involved - mostly shooter induced, but I'm not that bad behind the trigger.

You may be correct, but I'm hoping for the best :thanks:

Reactions: JBnTx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here's the one that I have... and I've used it at the range for fine-tuning a gun after installing new sights with it in the shop. It comes in a nice padded carry case too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LR8XUXM

NC Star isn't known for high end, but this got good reviews, and I'm very happy with it. It even came with a Glock front sight tool, though I didn't need it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's the one that I have... and I've used it at the range for fine-tuning a gun after installing new sights with it in the shop. It comes in a nice padded carry case too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LR8XUXM

NC Star isn't known for high end, but this got good reviews, and I'm very happy with it. It even came with a Glock front sight tool, though I didn't need it.
I considered the NC but it's supposedly for rear sights only??? I bought the other to remove/install front and adjust rear if necessary.

Reactions: JBnTx

·
Registered
824 Posts
My P320 compact 9mm came with a #6 front sight and an #8 rear sight.
It shoots about 4 inches low at 15 yards.

I guess I need an #8 front sight too?
And that sight pusher.

My compact 45acp and my compact 40SW came with #8 sights on both front and rear.

I wonder why the compact 9mm was different?

·
Registered
556 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
OK! Love it when things work out!
Just got back from my neighbor's home range. He's a Glock guy (competitive shooter) and always told me to drop by if I heard some shooting (and bring your gun).
Since I just swapped out the front sight (and haven't had a chance to shoot it yet) I went over after hearing quite a bit of shooting.
He had a friend over and they just got through running 300 rounds at his metal targets. Have never really looked at it other than from the front of his house. Almost looks like Hitchcock's range (just not out to 200 yards).
Asked him to try it out (he ran a mag through it) and was well pleased. I ran a mag through the gun and it shot well. The 3rd guy tried it as well and said he was thinking about one but was ready to buy after shooting mine. We shot metal targets from 10-38 yards.
So verdict is in. Change to #8 front sight took care of the elevation issue and the 2mm correction to the horizontal (centered front sight on slide) was the ticket. Had to quit because of the heavy rain coming in, but I think the gun is where it needs to be now (or very close) 7 yard at paper target was dead on.
Both liked the stock trigger (although my neighbor felt it had a little creep). When I tried the custom trigger on his Glock I understood why he felt that way. It felt like the target trigger I have on my Buckmark 22lr. Nice for target but not for EDC IMHO
Glock guy was impressed (other than the trigger) and S&W guy is ready to convert LOL.

Reactions: Lane73

·
Premium Member
16,973 Posts
Whew!

I was thinking ---

1 - 18 of 18 Posts