SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Thinking about trading in for another Legion

2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Ewnrules 
#1 ·
So as the title says I have been kicking around the idea of getting another Legion. I recently bought the P226 .40 legion, and was thinking about getting it's little brother the p229 .40 also. Wasn't sure whether to just buy it outright or to trade/sell another pistol to get it.
The pistol I had in mind to sell/trade in would be a Beretta 90two that literally has 50 rounds through it. Kept stored and oiled up. I mean it is a poly frame and a metal slide kind of like a glock for those of you who don't know. It is a pretty cool gun tbh, but i def like the legion more after holding it.
My question to everyone is what would you do? Do you see yourself being able to part ways with one guy to get another? Would you just keep this one and buy the other one outright? Also i have a brand new credit card with 0% interest for 15 months lol I put the one Legion on that already dare i put another? :rolleyes::D

Here's some photos of the Beretta

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
This the WORST place to ask this question, but since you ask, here goes. I have only ever sold one gun in my life. I inherited a Browning 44mag lever action rifle that my brother desperately wanted. I gave it to fair and clear, but he felt obligated to replace it with another 44mag lever gun. The only thing about the original gun that was of any interest to me was the fact it was my fathers. The replacement meant nothing to me. I had a situation occur that required I get rid of some of my guns. I sold that one and gave any others to that same brother.

IF you can afford it, and that is why you should never ask these guys, keep the Beretta and go for the 229 Legion. If not, and you HAVE to honest with yourself on that one, let the Beretta go or wait on the 229. The Legions are going to be around.

#6 ·
I've never seen the need to trade off one pistol because I was wanting another ..

I have the Legion in a P229 in 40 and looking at one of the Legion 226's now I like a flat trigger .. but won't trade off one of my pistols to get it when I do !!

#7 ·
Be patient and sell it. I have never gotten a decent price on a trade-in. When I get impatient, I take the hit. Gun stores have to make a profit, and I don't have a problem with that. You'll be lucky to get 60% of it's retail value on a trade-in.

Legions are not going away, and being the hot ticket right now. you might find a better deal if you wait a bit.

Or, you can just throw caution to the wind and live by my motto, "you only live once". Charge it.

Reactions: bearone2
#9 ·
I've been trying to decide whether to keep the certified used P229 I bought recently and upgrade it, or just sell it and buy a P229 Legion. I recently read through an article where a guy did upgrades on a P226 that made it very close to a P226 Legion in overall feel and can't decide if I want to do something similar, or just buy the P229 Legion. Decisions, decisions...

#14 ·
I traded in my 1992 Beretta 92FS back in 2002 to buy a NIB P226/9. I was so happy to get a new SIG. It was my 2nd SIG at the time. The Beretta was the very first gun I had ever owned--purchased 1 week after I turned 21 back in 1992. Even with the sentimental value of my first gun, I was still happy to get a new SIG. :)

#15 ·
So as the title says I have been kicking around the idea of getting another Legion. I recently bought the P226 .40 legion, and was thinking about getting it's little brother the p229 .40 also. Wasn't sure whether to just buy it outright or to trade/sell another pistol to get it.
The pistol I had in mind to sell/trade in would be a Beretta 90two that literally has 50 rounds through it. Kept stored and oiled up. I mean it is a poly frame and a metal slide kind of like a glock for those of you who don't know. It is a pretty cool gun tbh, but i def like the legion more after holding it.
My question to everyone is what would you do? Do you see yourself being able to part ways with one guy to get another? Would you just keep this one and buy the other one outright? Also i have a brand new credit card with 0% interest for 15 months lol I put the one Legion on that already dare i put another?

Here's some photos of the Beretta
Seeing as you're in NJ as I am and how long it takes to get permits to purchase. I suggest you hold onto your handguns and just buy additional ones. Just my two cents' worth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.